jackiec (swamped)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SharonR, Sep 10, 2002.

1. SharonR

SharonR New Member

Tomorrow is the day. You may not realize this but you are helping to get everyone up and running for further research. This is time consuming, and of course it's not very scientific. We are not researchers, but we are the subject of the disease., who better to gather information that may be overlooked ?
    You questionnaire relates to toxic poisoning, and if "Research"
    can establish a connection, why not help escalate the process.
    It has already been established, but lots of people don't realize this could be part of their problem. And info is so long, scattered and sometimes hard to react to on a personal level, particularly for us, simple does it.
    And yes, I believe the individuals who know how to chart graph, and simplify a way of doing this will be excellent. Shoobie's ideas are fascinating. Jillian has said she would do the graphs and then we could all get a look at data from this individual boards prospective. If everyone will participate.
    Soooo.... tomorrow count the people that actually physically touched mercury, and count the # who had fillings. That's two separate figures. One person may have played with it and had fillings also, so it would go under both columns.
    I know, it is overwhelming, but you have already done the hardest part.
    And you are a caring , giving person or you would not have volunteered to do this. Besides, I'll bet like the rest of us, you really want answers., Talk with you tomorrow. I will do the tally if you send me the #'s
    I am in awe.
    Smiles
    SharonR
    My e-mail address is kriordansprint@earthlink.net
  2. SharonR

SharonR New Member

Tomorrow is the day. You may not realize this but you are helping to get everyone up and running for further research. This is time consuming, and of course it's not very scientific. We are not researchers, but we are the subject of the disease., who better to gather information that may be overlooked ?
    You questionnaire relates to toxic poisoning, and if "Research"
    can establish a connection, why not help escalate the process.
    It has already been established, but lots of people don't realize this could be part of their problem. And info is so long, scattered and sometimes hard to react to on a personal level, particularly for us, simple does it.
    And yes, I believe the individuals who know how to chart graph, and simplify a way of doing this will be excellent. Shoobie's ideas are fascinating. Jillian has said she would do the graphs and then we could all get a look at data from this individual boards prospective. If everyone will participate.
    Soooo.... tomorrow count the people that actually physically touched mercury, and count the # who had fillings. That's two separate figures. One person may have played with it and had fillings also, so it would go under both columns.
    I know, it is overwhelming, but you have already done the hardest part.
    And you are a caring , giving person or you would not have volunteered to do this. Besides, I'll bet like the rest of us, you really want answers., Talk with you tomorrow. I will do the tally if you send me the #'s
    I am in awe.
    Smiles
    SharonR
    My e-mail address is kriordansprint@earthlink.net
  3. jackiec

jackiec New Member

And thanks for letting me know. I've been keeping a chart with columns to mark the YES/No to both thermometers and fillings, so it won't be hard to add the totals. You are so right, and I've felt good to be doing something about this instead of just worrying/wondering, you know? And I've really learned a lot about the possible mercury connection, so that was another good part for me. I'll e-mail you with my results tomorrow.

No words to express my thanks to you for letting me feel a part of this big group...sometimes we feel like a little fish in a great big ocean, especially on a really down day. (I had a weekend from HE**, a "free" car we had to go 300 miles to my parents for broke down on me on the X-way, I got stranded 100 miles from my parents or 200 miles from my home for 3 hours, and then had to JUNK the car. Things can only get better from here. Am trying hard to settle down my nerves these days......so forgive my ramblings and feeling of being "swamped".....it's just a momentary bump in the road for me.

Hugs and smiles, Jackie