Jail Sentence....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MJJBunny, Sep 24, 2003.

1. MJJBunny

MJJBunny New Member

With another flare up, I woke during the night and just laid in bed with my mind racing. Suddenly the thought occurred to me that CFS/FM was like a jail sentence for life with no chance of parole. Isn't that what we are told to do ... live inside the box. When you step outside the box, wham - another flare up. I try to escape the jail. I fight everyday to have meaning in my life by doing something that makes me happy. Then I am reminded that I belong back in jail. It's a constant. Am I feeling sorry for myself? I am. I want a life. I want my life back, but I can't get it because I am in jail.
  2. Valentina

Valentina New Member

I am sick of being imprisoned as well! I could understand having a life sentence if I had committed murder, but I haven't...so what's the deal? I want my life back, too! I wasn't ready for it to come to a halt at age 27! I don't think anyone (at any age) is ready for their lives to come to a halt without warning or reason. For the past 3 years, I have been dreaming of waking up in a new body, so I can get on with my life. It's not happening, and I'm angry and sad and fed up with it all! I will be 30 next month, but I feel like I am 190.

You are not alone....

Gentle hugs,
    Valentina
  3. edmarfunstuff

edmarfunstuff New Member

Yes it feel like a jail sentence but even though I am in horrible pain and can hardly move some days I try my best to do the best I can do and also concentrate on being there for others who have other problems besides my own. To help them through the best I can and then in my own little world I suffer most of the time silently. But when I am at my worst I can hardly climb my four stairs to go to the bathroom or up to bed but I do get there ever so slowly and painfully. I know it is so hard but try to get past this even a little day by day and try to concentrate on your family and friends etc. Hope this makes sense. Wishing you Well!!!!!
  4. MJJBunny

MJJBunny New Member

I'm in the winter of my life. Between the natural aging process and the DD, my limitations are great. With the years that are left, I don't want to be in jail. I want to be able to be free to pursue things that I love before age takes away the option. Fifteen years of my life have gone by with this jail sentence. I do need a "Get Out Of Jail" card and soon.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have to come to terms with what we have lost. It is easy to get stuck in the denial or anger stages, which isn't healthy. Acceptance frees us to stop spending our precious energy on useless anger and to use it to enhance our lives.

I'm sure you do not want to spend your years feeling as though you are in prison. Please seek some help so that you can view life in a more positive manner. You cannot control life, but you can control how you view it and how you react to it.

BTW, we cannot help feeling like this and it's OK to feel and to vent, but we need to do something to help ourselves out of these states. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]