Jaimy, I just read what you posted No inflammation w/ FMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lanie, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Lanie

Lanie New Member

and I was unaware of it. All the reading I have done and I just assumed that all of my inflammation was due to the FM.

I posted a bit back that my sed rate test came back a 90 when it is supposed to be about 5. I haven't been back to the doctor as he sent me to the Endocrinologist due to the fact that my thyroid tests came back horrible. I have an appt. for the Rheumy the beginning of October.

What is your take on the high sed rate issue? If it's not thyroid or FM, what in the world do they check next??? I can FEEL how inflamed my whole body is all the time, very uncomfortable and at times painful. Thank you in advance for your help, from what I understand, you are a wealth of information. LOL
    Best wishes,
    Lanie
  2. Lanie

Lanie New Member

and I was unaware of it. All the reading I have done and I just assumed that all of my inflammation was due to the FM.

I posted a bit back that my sed rate test came back a 90 when it is supposed to be about 5. I haven't been back to the doctor as he sent me to the Endocrinologist due to the fact that my thyroid tests came back horrible. I have an appt. for the Rheumy the beginning of October.

What is your take on the high sed rate issue? If it's not thyroid or FM, what in the world do they check next??? I can FEEL how inflamed my whole body is all the time, very uncomfortable and at times painful. Thank you in advance for your help, from what I understand, you are a wealth of information. LOL
    Best wishes,
    Lanie
  3. Lanie

Lanie New Member

They weren't kidding when they said you were a wealth of info!! LOL

I originally was tested for about everything under the sun...Lyme, Babesiosis, Malaria, lupus, MS, and a ton of others I don't know of. I pretty much went from a healthy girl in her 20's and bam! car accident and things went downhill fast!

As far as thyroid, she said I am hypothyroid and hypo something else I forget the name right now. She sent me for 2 more tests, which I took on Thursday morning. When she gets those back she will determine what meds I need. She says she believes my thyroid problem is due to post traumatic stress from my accident and because of that, the thyroid cannot produce fast enough to supplement what my body is using.

As for the rest?? Well, I think I will print out your reply to me and bring it with me to the doctor! He is a great guy and I am sure will explore every angle. I just want to know why I have a sed rate of 90?!?! I haven't seen anything so excessive on here and it worries me, not to mention the inflammation makes me feel like a painful Michelin Tire Man!!

Thanks for your help Jaimy! You are a sweety!
    With hugs and best wishes,
    Lanie