Jam et al about MSM /Helpful in pain from FM and OA ??

Discussion in 'Pain Relief' started by Granniluvsu, May 20, 2013.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Jam, et al - I posted somewhere not sure where about MSM. Curious about trying it. I have read about it possibly helping with FM pain as well as OA. I am confused about what kind to try and how much to take.

Looking for as much help as I can get. I hate to have to rewrite the other post I just did. Was looking for the old Alternative Therapy board and it was renamed a bit so I missed it, I guess. I have also been looking around and trying to figure out what to get. I have seen some mixed with other stuff and just the MSM. I have also stried the Glucosamine and Chondroitin some years ago and it didn't seem to help me so guessing maybe I should try the MSM by itself. Any ideas on dosage, etc.

Thanks to anyone who have stories to tell about it.

Love,
    Granni
  2. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I'm hooked on MSM Powder in higher doses....It reduces the pain in my body....I'm about to take my afternoon dose....Most mornings I take 2t in glass of non-fluoride water, afternoon 1t in same and 1-1/2t close to bed..... I've been doing this for years.....

Work with dosing for you. I've written about MSM so much here over the years....

Give it a try and if you don't feel any better then stop....it can't hurt that I know of. I buy a product called LifeTime 100% pure MSM in 16oz canister and it's $10 or so...price is right as I recall...Source Naturals brand is good too. I've used that one too, but like LifeTime as it just feels "good".....and again we all have diff pain issues but it could help you. jam
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Thanks Jam. I just need to decide whether to go for the capsules or the powder. About how much is in a tsp.? Part of the reason I stopped the powdered Mag. citrate was that I really wasn't sure how much I was getting plus it gave me to much gas and I have quite enough, thank you !!

I understand when it isn't working just stop. I have started and stopped so many different supplements and vits if they weren't helping that I could see or feel anyway.

Thanks again !
    Hugz,
    Granni