Jam, et al - what is a good supplement(s) for memory ?

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Granniluvsu, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Welcome back Jam.

Have any ideas that don't cost a fortune? We already take enough supps for other stuff as you know. Looking for ideas for DH and possibly myself too.

Bye for now. Have to go start supper..

Hugz,
    Granni
  2. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Grape Seed Extract and Memory and a lot of links came up. I'd post one, but always fear it could lead to a company and then I'll get dinged....so do the search.

I know you take G.S. now, maybe up dose to at least 200-300mg per day.

My friend takes a memory product for a lot of years and I just called her for the name and she'll get back to me...she's not home.
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

We are both taking 200 mg 2X s a day. Let me know when you speak to your friend. I also googled it and came up with a huge list. I cannot afford to buy a bunch of stuff just for that. I am already paying for to many supps as it is.

Talk to you later on. Getting late too.

Granni
  4. jaminhealth

for mega years...she also is the one who introduced me to pycnogenol, subsequently G.S. and has been taking it 1 month longer than me.

Her mind is good, she's quite healthy and watches foods as she's aware that many foods can trigger issues with her health. I can't and don't each many nightshade foods re: arthritis issues...

Mega Mind is from Source Naturals and she buys it online.

My friend's father is in dementia now and he's 90something, her mother is about 90 and does good.

Keep up with the G.S., it's all positive and addresses SO MUCH of our health issues.

To me, money spent on Prevention HOPEFULLY is worth money well spent and gold. If we can prevent poor health, the money spent is so worth it. [This Message was Edited on 02/05/2012]
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

We just do what we can and if we can stay healthy or should I say stay alive and have a good mind to go with it, that is great.

I have enough things to worry about - Hi b/p all kinds of aches and pains due to FM and probably arthritis too. Not sure I can do that much about the aches and pains. I'm afraid that I am stuck with all that, for the most part.

I might have that name stashed away in some of my newsletters. The problem with some of them is they are not cheap, as I said before. I will think about it and maybe start it afrter awhile. Was more worried about DH than myself and it is his gene's. His dad had it at 85 and a bit before. Then I may take a few myself now and then :)!!

More later on. Thanks again ! Yes, it is worth it if one can feel and do better with ones life.

Granni
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The phosphotydl serine and sublingual methocobalamen (sp?) B-12, both sold here as part of the methylation protocol, are good for brain function. Even "normals" lose memory function as they age. Everyone down here in God's Waiting Room has problems with memory. They say to learn a new language or a music instrument in order to keep the brain healthy. I just bought a keyboard. We'll see.

Love, Mikie
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

I'll take a peak and make a decision sooner or later. Right now spending to much $ on things, like the kitchen counterops, etc.Lots of expenses going on right now it seems, small and large :)!!

Music should be fun for you, one way or the other. I sing in three groups and a couple of them there is a fair amount of sight reading involved. I'm sure that helps too. I have a good ear for music so can usually figurae out how to play a tune I know, at least the right hand melody. Could do that as a kid too. We didn't have a piano but an aunt did. Later on I did learn how to play the violin - somewhat :)!!

DH is into stock market and financial stuff. So, that should help him too. Now we wait to see if our Income Tax came out OK. DH did that but he is much better at that than I am, for sure.

Gotta run for now.

Love,
    Granni
  8. jaminhealth

when talking about an issue, I get info thru the cyber world...just got some info this morning on the importance of Omega 3's

Omega 3's are critical as we age for the memory and alz later in life....I'm take Omega 3's daily, usually 2 softgels with each meal...the DHA in the Omega 3 is the critical fat for brain health....

I recall hearing a lot of info with babies and the need for DHA for their developing brains. Take care.

Good to take in good high quality "clean" seafoods too for the Omega's...[This Message was Edited on 02/06/2012]
  9. jaminhealth

and 2 softgels contain only 480mg of DHA whereas this "guru" says we need 900mg of DHA daily for memory health. I may get some extra DHA with my next order...
  10. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

I just need to check and see how much I am already taking.

Gotta run for now. This thursday they start the disconnecting process for the stove and the next day is the plumbing (sink and probably disposal). Then they start the big mess in the kitchen for new counter tops and back splashes.

What fun but should be nice when it is all done and cleaned up.

Hugz,
    Granni