Jam - GSE

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Granniluvsu, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

It is almost time to reorder my GSE 200 mg. wondering where you get yours, if it is at the same place VC. I am not sure where I have been getting mine is the best value. I have been taking it 2x a day so I like a big bottle and order a good supply when I do. I have been giving it to dH too since he has high b/p too , not as bad as mine though. I know it also helps other things and is a good antioxidant.

Didn't want to mention where I usually get them. Not sure if we are allowed. I know where you get most of your stuff but not sure if it is the same place.

Also, what brand do you use, if you can mention that?
    Granni
    [This Message was Edited on 06/08/2012]
  2. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

to say where we buy our supps....

I buy ActiVin 200mg caps for $13.30 and just bought 2 bottles that came yesterday....I don't let myself run out and also buy my daughters...

Hopefully you can figure out with the 13.30 prices...

I don't want to be banned here...jam

You can really shop around but I like ActiVin best NOW and continue on this brand...some companies offer buy 1 get 1 free, get 2 free, but sometimes the quality is not as good....just my thoughts on this one....

I did mention that the ActiVin is a nice dark red color in the capsule and I like that. [This Message was Edited on 06/08/2012]
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

but I know where you buy alot of yours. I get some many supps I have to pinch pennies as they say. It seems like I am buying more and more these days.

Was buying and getting oen free but not sure if they are the best or not.

Granni
  4. jaminhealth

say more, but that's changed....hope you can figure it out...I'm on a low income status, but these supps are keeping me healthy and can't put a price on that....I do so little otherwise, food and supps are my biggest outlay, besides my rent and some insurance and misc other stuff.....
  5. jaminhealth

G.S.E. now about 2 yrs or so....just wondering what are the benefits you have appreciated to date?

I've posted mine many times here, but wondering what you can offer. jam
  6. jaminhealth

Grape Seed Ex brings down BP...even with the meds I take I still come up higher but when I take 400mg or more, the BP comes down. I bought a new Grape Seed Ex with 300mg that is sold for HBP....I take higher doses now to keep the BP under control. I'd love to be off the meds....jam
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Jam - Thanks for posting. I already ordered my GSE from where I ordered before, pretty good price. I still haven't checked on what you have gotten but will do so later.

I was taking the 200 mg 2x a day for awhile (and still do) and it seemed to lower my b/p some . Then when I started on much more mg as well as armour thyroid it really came down. Even on 2 hi b/p meds I couldn't get it to stop spiking but with the addition of the last two it really seemed to help a lot. I would say that all three are working together.

Actually, I upped my Magnesium for my osteoporosis . When I started that my b/p came down. About the same time I switched to Armour and so not sure if both are working with the Mag. for lowering the b/p. . If my b/p starts to rise again I may have to try more GSE.

Thanks for the tip. I have found it to be a help for other things to such as keeping those URI's at bay :)!!

Hugz,
    Granni
  8. jaminhealth

of a lot of stuff can bring the BP down...when I was in the doc's office on monday and I said to her medical asst, I know my BP will be up when she takes it in office, I was shocked it was 134/80, for me that's good.....I had taken 400mg of Grape Seed Ex before I left the house...etc...

Lots of mag thru the day does help too. jam
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Jam - Yes, I do take Mag. through the day. I take some in the morning with the rest of my stuff and then a whopping 400 mg. in the middle of the day, like 2- 3:00 pm or so and occasionally, depending on my bowels, I may take some at night after dinner.

As I said before, I started uping my mag. for my osteoporosis. It is supposed to be very helpful in the absorption of the Ca. inot the bones. I always take 400 mg of GSE daily, 200 mg the am and 200 in the pm. If I feel really bad and getting a URI or something I up my GSE.. Maybe when I go to the doc I will up my GSE in the morning. Not that I go to the doc that often any more.

Wish I didn't have to take any b/p meds but I have no choice . I am on pretty high meds (2 of them)daily but the supps. seem to be helping to keep it normal and from spiking which I was doing fairly frequently, especially in a stressful situation. It would also go up in the docs. office and for me that is not stressful. I just figure it is going to go up in the docs office and it usually does. It has been better though and not as scary (except for the nurse or doctor taking it) !!

If you find out any other secrets esp about high b/p let me know, especially since you do a lot of experimenting with supps. :)!! My problem is the cost. I did try the Heart Care with Hawthorne that you told me about and was taking quite a few of them and they didn't seem to help my b/p . I know what helps one may not help another.

Thanks again for your help.

Hugaz,
    Granni
  10. jaminhealth

getting into daily meditation does bring down the BP....one has to put their mind to it and do it...shut the world off and be alone and be quiet with the mind and it works....doing it forever is what is needed to make this work......jam

And meditation is FREE.
  11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

I certainly have hear it but never tried it. Did you go anywhere to find out how to do it correctly, like Google or somewhere else better?

Seems like I am always getting interruppted. Since you are by yourself I am sure it is easier for you.

Off for now.

Granni
  12. jaminhealth

over the last 20 some yrs....various groups I've attended and a couple religious affiliations I was associated with also, these groups did meditation in their services...

If one really wants to learn meditation, it's very easy, and living alone or with others makes no difference, one just has to be willing and motivated to do this work. Carving out the little time it takes to do it, is a small thing for the incredible benefits one can achieve with meditaiton. jam
  13. jaminhealth

thinking about Hillary who is in hospital for a blood clot, evidently she has had them before....they are giving her blood thinners to Hopefully disolve the clot.

Had she been on Grape Seed Ex, perhaps she would NOT have had these issues....

Grape Seed works on circulation, keeps blood thin, keeps blood from getting thick and possibly causing clots...

So throwing this one out....another good case on this super antioxidant. jam
  14. lesliesue

lesliesue New Member

Found the $13.30 grape seed extract at the place I usually buy supplements. : )

Love,
    Les
  15. jaminhealth

the other day I was talking to a lady in the milk section, she couldn't decide on almond or soy, I said no no on soy, but told her all I use is coconut milk and creamer for my coffee...gave her a little history on soy and effects on thyroid and how coconut oil helps the thyroid....

Anyway, we got to talking and next thing she asked me how old I was and I proudly said 74, thinking she's probably 80something as she looked much older than me..then she
    announced she is 74 too, I hope the look on my face didn't show too much.....

Then, we got talking about back issues we deal with and then I got to grape seed ex and said I've been taking it 17 yrs and it's the greatest and it's an anti aging supp too...she then said Oh I'll have to get some when I next go to Trader Joe.....

Yesterday at bridge we always seem to get on grape seed and 3 of us take and the other lady doesn't, and both others said they feel so much better since on grape seed, don't get colds or get sick, etc....the 4th lady said I'll have to get myself and my husband grape seed....

Drop a comment sometimes on how it's doing for you....any specific reason for taking it or just plain immune system support....jam