Jam... I gave the Pycnogenol a shot and (read on please)>>>>>>>>>

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Mar 2, 2009.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I think it gave me an awful reaction...
    I took it three days and came out in a huge painful spot on my face which has scabbed over, I also have felt super jittery which is not nice when combined with exhaustion and a headache...
    I feel really bad....I know I could be herxing (as I started on 300mg a day to saturate) but I don't fancy scabs on my face... =(
    I am wondering if I will fare better with GE but I read in a backpost from someone here that it contains yeast?? It was JOLE who said this - I tried asking her but she's not been on so hasn't seen my post... Do you know if the yeast thing is true as I am trying to avoid yeast! I am hoping it's okay for me as I don't seem to be tolerating Pycnogenol too well...sort of scared to continue the pyc now cos of this reaction....(I'm surprised as it is supposed to be so safe but I'm pretty sure it's the cause)...
    Any ideas? I was wondering if there was another source of OPCs?
    Thanks Jam...
  2. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Your replies were both very helpful! I am cutting back and seeing how it goes. I think it's not in my nature to go slow with stuff.... I am so fed up I look for immediate results and so tend to take the maximum quantity of stuff but as you rightly point out my approach is not sensible.

Thanks both of you for all your advice! It makes sense.... I'll slow right down and keep you posted =) Shelbo