Jam - muscadine grapeseed extract

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, Oct 22, 2009.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Hi Jam - just wanted to tell you about a grapeseed product I've been taking for about 3 months now. It's called muscadine grapeseed extract, from Vitacost, 500 mg., 120 capsules. So I take one a day, and it lasts 4 months, and costs $12.99 (cheaper than the regular grapeseed extract)

And I did a little reading which said that muscadine grapeseed extract was very good.

So this might save you a little money, would be interesting to see how you like it.

Mary
  2. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Sorry to butt in, but can anyone take this, even with other meds? I would love to have more energy!!!!!

thanks,

LYNN
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

You're the one who got me taking GSE! I do think it helps me a little. I still have immune problems, but am going to keep taking it, especially since it is so affordable. (also my finger muscle testing indicates it is very good for me)

I will be interested to see how you like it, as you are the GSE expert -

Mary
  4. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Thanks for replying Jam. I think i'm gonna give it a try. Would love the extra energy!!

Have a nice day!!

LYNN
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

My mom was always much more willing to try anything new than my dad, like yours. And if she took a med and it made her feel bad, she'd stop it! instead of going to hte doctor who would then give another med to counteract side effects etc.

I didn't notice that the muscadine grapeseed was not an extract - that would explain the high dose and low price - well, still will be interesting to see how you do on it. I think it helps me a little, but I think you know better the effects of GSE and would be able to tell if this is as good.

Mary
  6. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I do think I'm doing okay on it. My finger testing says it's good for me. That's nice to hear it's high in resveratrol.

I just got a product from Vitacost called Cold & Flu Formula (NSI brand), it's homeopathic, and I think it's helping me stay on top of a respiratory bug that keeps popping up. I have felt better since starting this, and it's only $1.99!

Mary
  7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I've decided I'm going to double the dose - take 2 - of the muscadine GSE. I do think the homeopathic is helping, but my poor body still needs more help.

That's really nice you went for a long walk, dinner and shopping with a friend - I used to love to go for long walks, walking was almost my favorite thing to do (apart from swimming).

My cat has just jumped up to my keyboard and she is filthy - covered with dust/dirt - I have an outside chainlink enclosure she goes to out my bedroom window, so she can be outside but not running free. She's generally very fastidious but then will get all dirty but she later cleans herself. It's just funny to see her such a mess and she acts like, what's the fuss?

Nice also to hear about your friend's doctor who recommended astragalus for her bronchial condition - maybe there's hope yet!