Jaminhealth: Distilled water + minerals?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by windblade, May 29, 2013.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Jam - I remember a post of yours saying you added minerals to distilled water. What kind of minerals do you use, and how do you know how much to use?

2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Hi Judy. I drink distilled water and bought a ionic trace mineral drops from another vitamin supplier....can't mention the name. It made the water taste awful (minerals will do that) so had to add an elderberry immune syrup to cover the taste. Since I started this I read that it's the same if you just put sea salt in your water. I still don't like salty water so I just swallow about l/4tsp salt in the morning and throughout the day. Dr. Wilson talks about this in his book on Adrenal Fatigue.
  3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I've been reading Dr. Wilson's book on Adrenal Fatigue, and how we need to use sea salt to help heal fatigue. I went to my local Sprout's market and purchased a natural sea salt from Utah, full of all the minerals that are missing. It's a pink tone which comes from the minerals in the salt......and it tastes good. I feel this is an easy way to add back to the distilled water. I believe Dr. Blaylock recommends drinking distilled water.
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi Sunflower - hope your PT is going well for your neck. Well, I started researching distilled water since you and Jam have such different info. and choices. The first article was by Dr. Mercola - speaking against distilled for being too acidic and can possibly cause high BP.

Also this really shocked me - he said it can cause hair to thin or fall out. I've been drinking distilled for years, but also taking mineral tablets, but not every day. This past year when I comb my hair, I've been losing too much and it's been thinning. My hair before was always nice and thick.

It's also been an extremely stressful year, and I'm also wondering if it could be thyroid.

First I'll research more on sea salt. My Dr. told me also to put sea salt in water - helps it to stay in tissues more. Then will do more research on distilled.

Jam - does the Spring water cost more than distilled? My DH lugs home all the bottles too, and I know the plastic bottles aren't healthy.