jaminhealth..This One's For You...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lgp, Aug 5, 2009.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Hi jam--

I have a GE question for you--our GE guru!!

I stopped taking all my supplements several months ago because I was having sever digestive problems due to Levaquin (a totaal disaster). Also went gluten free, which I believe has helped tremendously.

Recently,my hands and feet started to really hurt, so I decided to resume my supplement regiment. I am taking a Daily Vitamin (with Lutein and Lycopene--no Iron), Vitamin D, Fish Oil, and of course, GE. I only took two doses and my hands aren't hurting. Unreal!! My question is though, I noticed you've mentioned in previous posts that you take GE on an empty stomach. Why do you think that is better? I usually take my stuff with food, so I am curious about this.

Also, the particular GE I am taking is labeled Nature's Bounty Reservatrol Red Wine Extract Plus Grapeseed & Vitamin C--200 mg Red Wine Complex & 60 mg Vitamin C in each capsule. Any thoughts on this brand?

Once again, thanks for your insight.

2. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

I have been looking for a daily vitamin to take similar to what you mentioned here (especially the no Iron part). Would you mind me asking what brand of vitamin you are taking? I haven't searched extensively but what little I have searched has found me nothing and I am wondering if I'm just looking in the wrong places.

Thank you!
  3. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

The vitamin I am currently taking is a multivitamin (wheat free!!) with Lutein and Lycopene that I purchased from the Vitamin Shoppe. You can read the label (enlarged thankfully!!) on line --google for website using spelling indicated).

I actually purchase them at the Vitamin Shoppe since they are a large chain here in NY. If they are not in your area, you may be able to order them on line. If I remember correctly, they were not too expensive.

Good luck--Laura
  4. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

I am also in NY. The Vitamin Shoppe in our area closed a few years ago but I will look on line to see if I can find it. And that's great that it is also wheat free! Thank you for the info!

5. street129

street129 New Member

i have, Rainbow Light Active Senior Safeguard MultiV, but i take centrum, does that has gluten
    [This Message was Edited on 08/05/2009]
  6. ChuckNBerkeley

ChuckNBerkeley New Member

When the GE reaches the small intestine it, or the active part of it, MAY BIND with something in the food. Which in turn may cause IT to be excreted rather than absorbed.

No food in the small intestine, GE has the whole thing to itself.

Whether it matters, I can say not. GE didn't do me any good back in '93/'94