Jamininhealth or Anyone On Natural Vitamins/Minerals

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jul 27, 2009.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Jamin, I am trying to find a good natural vitamin/mineral supplement.. I know you shop Swansons but have you tried thier vitamin/mineral.. I was taking Centrum Silver but have heard to much negative about them.. I hope I am not out of line mentioning product names.

I am looking for a good natural vitamin/mineral supplement that someone has tried, don't mind spending the money if they are good ones. I do want natural and not synthetic because I have heard they are better for you.. I may be wrong ..Since I live in a small town I need something I can order or buy at GNC..or walmart..

Any help would be appreciated .

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Greatgran - I've read that whole foods vitamins are the best way to go. New Chapter is a good brand that's been around for awhile and makes whole food vitamins. They make one for women called Every Woman's One Daily You can buy it at Vitacost and Swanson Vitamins on-line (and other places as well).

Vitamin Shoppe also sells its own whole foods vitamin, cheaper than New Chapter. Someone in the store told me they're made by the same company. Vitamin Shoppe is on-line also, and you could call them to get the name of their product.

Now Foods makes a good ionic trace mineral (liquid) product.

Actually, if you go to Lucky Vitamin dot com, you can buy New Chapter products, as well as Now Foods (Swanson and Vitacost don't sell Now Foods).

I did a post today about a green foods product that is helping my 83-year old neighbor a lot with energy and well-being. It's called All Day Energy Greens, from ivlproducts dot com. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to do so.

3. greatgran

greatgran Member

Jamin, yes I know you gave me the info but couldn't find it.. Is it a vitamin/mineral combo or just a multiple vitamin I would like the combo so will check the site.

Mary, I read your post about Green Foods and your neighbor sounds wonderful let me know how you do when you try it..

Thanks to both of you for your info..
  4. cfsgeorge

cfsgeorge New Member

Nature's Way Alive! Multivitamin Whole Food Energizer

You'll want to order this online to save money.
  5. cfsgeorge

cfsgeorge New Member

Rainbow light's food based vitamins and supplements are very good as well. I really like their food based calcium product.

I've been juicing for over 20 years and WHOLE foods juicing with a vitamix for the last 8 years. You can get all the nutrients and much much more from whole foods juicing with the vitamix then taking any multivitamin even food based ones. try it!
  6. cfsgeorge

cfsgeorge New Member

Unfortunately, since i've been disabled with CFS i cannot juice myself anymore. I'm too physically exhausted and "unmotivated"/mentally exhausted to prepare everything. I'm lucky I do have family members that can do it for me since i started everyone on it decades ago.

Eating your veggies is just as good as juicing, but sometimes preparing and EATING veggies is even more exhausting then juicing and drinking your veggies. Taking foods based supplements and green powders/drinks is a very good and convenient alternative for those who cannot juice or cannot get enough veggies and fruits in their diet.

PS: i take the jarrow brand B-complex as they have more "activated" B vitamins.
  7. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thanks for your help .. I just ordered Rainbow Light Active Senior Safeguard Multivitamins
    Not a bad price for 90 one a day pills..