Jan, Candida Diet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dalphia, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

I too am on the Candida diet. And, I feel like you, a terrible flare of symptons unlike anything I've experienced before. Of course, this I assume is coupled with the treatment protocol I'm currently going through at the FFC.
    I'm looking forward to a brighter day when the protocol will put me into a remission state. One of the first things I began after my initial visit was the no-yeast diet.
    No cokes, coffee, tea, sugar, milk products, etc.

Guess we'll just have to hang tough until our bodies become yeast free..........

D.D.
  2. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Hi Dalphia,
    I thoroughly sympathize with your situation. What treatment are you using? How long have you been on it now? Are you getting any relief yet?

I also go to the FFC and was on flucanazole for 3 miserable months...not to upset you, the treatment effects everyone differently. I really became incapacitated and asked for a different treatment, but the Dr. was really insistant, so I did what you said and "hung tough"...actually I was crying a lot. Lost a lot of weight on the diet as well, and am already thin; also became very de-conditioned and weak.

Then a hiatis from the medication and a re-test. I still have it, but it's slightly improved. Now I'm on nystatin, but am also treating for mycoplasma with an antibiotic, which can kick up the yeast.

So, I think this is going to be a long-term kind of treatment. It's not going to go away overnight. Sticking with the diet is an important part of it, and can be challenging. Hang in there!

Take care,
    Hopeful4
  3. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

...with the ffc people, but i want to see dr. holtorf; so i can't get in until mid-january. in the meantime, i don't drink very much caffeine, but there is a little bit of dairy in my life...cottage cheese and some cheddar in my egg whites.

what a drag. figure i might as well try to eat properly now, but giving up everything is soooo tough! i know someone else that used to go to the gym that i taught at that got extremely, extremely thin on a candida diet.

i'm just hoping that cutting out splenda is my miracle cure....that and everything else i try here. i've never not used artificial sweeteners; so you never know :)

let us know how you're doing with this thing, dalphia!

bebe
  4. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

I've been on the diet since August 30th. Lost several pounds and inches. I'm taking Nystatin (compound), and yes, it does make one weak. Seems like my body would have adjusted by now, but I also have begun tretment for Epstein Barr (since Tuesday) and currently into the Herxing Mode which is very taxing on one's body. It is beginning to lift now that my body can handle the overload of die off of virsus. I'm willing to go through whatever just to at least have a shot at getting better/well. I've never really felt this confident with any other doctors because as we all know, most do not know how to treat or look for.

Hope things get better for you, believe me, I understand how you are feeling.

God Bless,
    DD
  5. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I just tried Amys organic gluten free MAc and cheese. The pasta is rice pasta. If you are desparate for comfort food this tasted like heaven!! Good Luck this diet is so hard! Lynn