Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hermitlady, Mar 16, 2010.

1. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I just wanted to say hi and see how you're doing these days. You have always been here for me and I've needed a lot of support lately. I appreciate your words sooo much.

I'm just starting to feel a little better (knock on wood) and just want to thank so many people that have helped me so much. And you're one of them!

You are a constant source of wisdom and kindness, I hope you are well and not in too much pain. Thanks again.

xoxo Hermit
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Hi there!

Awww, you are SO sweet to send me this note! What a wonderful surprise for me when I logged on, I can't even tell you!

You're a great support to me as well. I think about you often and your incredible strength, tenacity and love. I remember all of the posts you've written about your family and the challenges you've faced, are still facing while struggling with your own health.

If there's one thing I can say about this group, it's that we're all much stronger than we give ourselves credit for. I don't know whether it's because we have to be, or we just are, but when we feel the weakest, we're actually much stronger than most.

Ya know, today I had a really good day. My boss gave me the day off. It was an incredibly beautiful day here - upper 60's and a clear blue sky. I managed to tackle a huge pile of papers that have been sitting here for weeks and grating on my nerves. That felt like a huge accomplishment - something SO simple! I even made a nice dinner for my husband. =)
    Manageable pain as well - so all in all, I can't complain - THEN I get this message from you, it's like the cherry on top!

I've had a rather rough time emotionally lately. I'm about to go on STD as I'm finding working is becoming harder and close to impossible to make it. I have LOVED my job, my boss and co-workers. I know that it is best for me however. My family has been so supportive and they are the ones who have been telling me that I need to work on my health. My Mom lives in a beautiful Independant Living facility (like a 5* resort!) and they have a warm water pool that I've been invited to enjoy whenever I want. Right now, there's no way I could possibly make it there. While working I'm way too exhausted. I don't even leave my house except to go to work.

As you know, when you're stressed your pain levels go through the roof. That's where I've been, so I'm trying to keep the stress under control.

I know that physically and mentally you've been really having a rough time. I hope that you can find your way, find something that works for you - WHATEVER that is. I know you're trying to stay away from the pain meds. I think that if that's what you want, that's wonderful. But don't be hard on yourself if you find you need them one day. There is to be no unnecessary suffering, okay? QUALITY of life my friend. If that means ibuprofen or Savells or whatever works best, than that's what it is for you!

I'm SO happy that you have a wonderful and supportive Dr.!! How has your family been through all of this?

Sometime when I figure it out (LOL) - we'll have to meet in the chatroom and I'll give you my email address (if you want). I'd love to be able to stay in touch via email.

Hope you had a good day and Thanks again for your kind post. It meant a lot to me.
    I'm here for you anytime!

3. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I was so happy to hear back from you....I think you do need to take some time and take care of yourself. I didn't realize you were still working, I haven't worked in 14 yrs, but it started because I wanted to stay home w my babies. Now I don't think I could work, and since I haven't worked in longer than 10 yrs, I cannot get disability. We could sure use some additional income, but we're making it OK.

We have a pool, but it would cost a fortune to keep it warm enough for me at this time of year. I even have to heat it for a few hrs before I get in it during the summer! Sometimes I'll just float around in the spa, just heating it to roughly 98.

My MIL had a knee replacement along w other old age pains, and she religiously goes to her gym and walks laps in the indoor pool. She's so dedicated. I have never been comfortable enough w my body to want to expose it in a public pool, so I'd never do that. I know, like it matters when you're exercising, but that's just me and my low self esteem:(

I laughed when I read your comment about "someday figuring out the chat room", I'm exactly the same! I think I went there 3 times and couldn't keep up or figure out who was talking to who. I just wanted to observe a bit, but it was way too fast and confusing for me. I'm a little slow in my old age;) I would love to exchange emails, we'll figure it out one of these days! I also have free long distance...it would be great to have a phone buddy!

My family has all been VERY supportive, it's just that nobody lives closer than 4 hrs away (besides dh and kids of course). I was supposed to go to my mom's to stay for a couple of wks after I came home from the hospital, but it just didn't work out. You probably read my sob story about how my FIL had the nerve to die the day after I was discharged, LOL.

There's a lot of stress coming in the next couple of months. We're about ready to start visiting group homes in the area for dd, and now she doesn't want to move out. Of course, at first she was excited about it, but as it gets closer she's balking. It's going to be one of the hardest things I've ever done, but it has to happen before it's too late.

I've always been afraid of something bad happening before we'd get any help. Thankfully besides the stress, verbal abuse, household damages and the bruises, we haven't been "injured"...but I'm always on alert. I"m sure my flight or fight reflex stuff is so burnt out, adrenals must be suffering. Haven't had that stuff tested in the last yr, I'll have to add that to my list for my next month's Dr appt.

Well, I have got to go drive my vacuum around a bit, even if it's just for 5 minutes. One of my cats is a long haired, shedding monster right now and he's dropping clumps of hair everywhere he goes. I could brush him forever and the fur just keeps coming off by the handfuls. Funny thing is, my son was the only one that wanted the long haired kitten, but he never brushes Gus, or operates the vac! Typical, eh?

Talk to you soon.......xo H