Janet: I Just Signed Papers for FM study

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Mar 16, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Janet-

It is legitamate. I signed consent forms yesterday and all the info the University of North Carolina needed. Every other word was 'fibromyalgia'. I felt so good because I felt so justified. No secondary diagnosis here, just plain good ole FM talk.

Evidently they have a relaxation class they have for people like us. They are now testing to see IF it can be used as a mail program to reach a further audience. I am one of the guinea pigs.

Just wanted to let you know...
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

3. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I am currently taking part in a study run by Stanford University. It is an online class, I am not sure exactly what gain I or they will get from it...but I was willing to participate in order to "help the cause" and maybe , just maybe, get a little better!
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

GREAT! Please keep me posted on how you are doing on this!

By any chance, is there a phone number to contact them to see if they are still interested in more participants? If so, let me know, and I'll call them, too!

Relaxation class! Oh, yeah, that sounds sooooo good!

Big hugs,
    Janet
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Suzan:
    I was bypassed over the Stanford Study. They are working with the University of North Carolina, but at least work seems to be beginning on developing tools for people with Fibromyalgia. We're getting at least a jump start. Hope it doesn't stall.

Jlh:
    That's why I posted to Janet. She had all of the info.
    I did the initial contact online. I believe she and I agreed that the post was lost, but let me check again and I will post to you if I find it. It does sound nice, doesn't it: finally, some form of relaxation designed for FM/Arthritis. I think it involves CDs, books, etc.

Hugs,
    NyroFan
    [This Message was Edited on 03/17/2006]