Janie056

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Jan 3, 2007.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Hi Jane,

I have been thinking about you and your upcoming back surgery. I will pray for peace about it. I am sure this is a very scary thing since Nancy just had hers.

I know your profile says you have had a few back surgeries already so you probably have a good idea of what is to happen.

I have had spinal fusion in my neck and I was going to be paralyzed within 3-6 months so I really didn't have a choice.

I have a little idea of what you must be going through. I had to wait on my surgery for quite a while. I do remember when the day finally came I had unbelievable peace. I am going to pray that you experience that now.

Have you been able to quit smoking. I had been praying for that as well. How is that going? Take care and know there are many on the board who will be faithful to pray for you. Take care.
  2. janie056

janie056 New Member

I am so upset right now I don't know what to do. I just received a call from my surgeons office and Cigna does not want to authorize my surgery!!
    They want me to have SIX MONTHS OF THERAPY!! I have no disk in two levels!! Is therapy going to make them magically appear??
    The nurse at the doctors office just sent over my file and new MRI along with a letter from my Doctor, who it the best Neurosurgon in Connecticut!
    If I have to wait this is going to kill me!! I just can't take this.. I want it over and done with.
    If I had therapy it would criple me!
    The nurse is going to let me know in a couple of days what they say after they review my file.
    I guess because I had surgery in April last year they figure, hey she needs therapy!!
    I want to go into cigna find the little jerk who did this and take out two of her disks and send her to therapy!
    Please please please pray that I hear all is well and I can have this surgery on the 17th, I can't wait much longer!

Jane
  3. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am so sorry this is happening. I swear that in this country we give better treatment to animals that humans sometimes. It is just unbelievable that at the 11th hour you are finding this out. You have had this surgery date for weeks. I just don't get it. I am also having fits with my new insurance company and I am already on a rampage so I can certainly understand your emotions.

Obviously if your doctor thinks you need surgery then you do. Hopefully this can be straightened out ASAP so you don't have to go through more emotional turmoil more than you have already been going through with the anxiety of the surgery itself.

I prayed for you already this morning but I will pray through out the day that this will be resolved.

Try to hang on to God at this time. He is the only one who can truly give you peace in a situation like this. I will pray that you will allow Him to come in and take your hand and comfort you during this difficult time.

Love,
    Nancy
  4. janie056

janie056 New Member

I am holding God's hand right now so tight! It is what is keeping me from blowing up!
    Thank you again, I will update you as soon as I hear.

Love to you,
    Jane