jaw pain and headaches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by faithinlove, Apr 18, 2009.

1. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

Does anyone suffer from jaw pain that slowly turns in to a terrible headache and sometimes awful earaches. I have taken 3 darvocet,which is all I am presc
    ribed for pain and still in horrible pain and cannot get out of bed today...just wondered does anybody else have this problem along with the other complicated things this dd does to us?
    If anyone has this and could help me with some suggestions to help me feel better I would really appreciate your help.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I had one of these beauties send me to the ER. Iam so sorry you were suffering all day.

They had to give me a 3 drug combo. From what I can remember it was torodol,bendryl and valuim. I usually have to sleep these off.

Have you tried releasing your tpi's? moist heat pack your face and jaw. do you have TMJ? alot of times these are from muscle spasms.

hope it got better
  3. Esperanza25

Esperanza25 New Member

I actually had them so bad I couldn't function. Well, I was referred to doctor who specializes on TMJ and he gave me a splint to wear at all times for 3 months and then for the rest of my life. My insurance company covered part of the splint and visits. The value for the splint is about $1200 dollars and whenever I don't wear at night I pay the price with huge headache. I can get you the name of the doctor if you would like. Ilive in San Francisco.

Good luck and I feel for you because this is horrible.
  4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Do you happen to take Ultram for pain? One of the strange side effects of that drug is jaw pain.
  5. healingishappening

healingishappening New Member

i dunno if your headaches are the same as mine...i get awful migraines that include clenching
    terrible tension in the muscles of the jaw, ear, occiput, head, even face, and they can last up to five days, 24hrs/day. nothing helps at all for me, except organic coffee enemas--that may sound gross to the uninitiated, but they sure are effective. and the relief is immediate.

if your headaches and tension are due to liver toxicity/stagnation, this is the ticket. you can find sites online with different explanations, but this one pretty well covers it:

it is very important to use ORGANIC coffee, as others are filled with toxins which will directly enter your bloodstream. do not use decaf, either. using coffee this way does not make you feel stimulated, the way it does when you drink it. instead it stimulates the liver to dump, which is what gives the relief from the headache.

good luck!

6. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

I still am so sick I can barely get out of bed. I had to go to the ER. I will post some when I get better. This is horrible.
    God bless all of you,
    Love, Faith
  7. 3gs

3gs New Member

sorry to hear you landed in the er. hope it helped.

inregards to mouth piece,you can get them at Walmart cheap. Dont spend $ on dentist been there did that.

god bless
  8. Chelz

Chelz New Member

I have FM and TMD or commonly called TMJ jaw pain along with horrific headaches, so I know what you are going through. Actually, just this weekend my jaw pain was out of control and slowly turned into the meanest all over head pain.

When this occurs for me, I usually have to take 3 liquid Advil gels, lay down on the couch with the curtains or shades closed and have complete quiet.

There is one other thing that I do which will sound really strange for it does help. I take a large bowl and fill it with cold water then put about 10 ice cubes in it, then I add about a half cup of distilled vinegar to the water, next I submerge the towel in the water and roll it up, I place that towel around my forehead, cheeks and jaw.

I know this sound really strange, and you would think that the smell of vinegar would bother you, but it's just the opposite, it is soothing, cooling relaxing, and it works great for me.

Keep the bowl of cold water next to you, so you don't have to get up to re-soak the towel. I usually just bend down a little and re-soak the towel. I ususlly do this for about two hours, and it does work for me.

I had to see a maxilofascial surgeon because my jaw pain was so bad, they gave me a nightguard, but it didn't work so well for me.

My ears will ache too, sometimes they feel inflamed and it is hard to open up your mouth. The profound depression I experience when I know one of these episodes is coming up is overwhelming, I can't even process information, I can barely think.

Obviously, I am better today, but it ruined my whole weekend and it also fatigues me to no end. I know this vinegar, towel and ice seems like a lot of work when you are feeling down, but if you can feel it coming on, then prepare this beforehand that is what I do.

Also, in the mornings, my jaw aches terrible, I will slowly massage my cheeks, right below the cheekbone and open and close my mouth SLOWLY, this tends to help loosen it up.

I know this is awful, but keep the "Faith" Hugs to you, Chelz.
  9. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

This has been the most awful thing to go through. The pain is still bad.I went to the er and they gave me a shot for the pain. They say now it could be TMJ along with the FMS and CFS. I am going to a dentist asap to see if they can help me with this, As for the coffee enemas I have not felt well enough yet to get out of the for a lengthy time. I did try the moist heat and it is helping some. I am still in very bad pain but I know it must get better, I hope you all are having a good evening.
    keeping the "Faith"