jeanne in canada...:)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 123sandra, Sep 2, 2005.

1. 123sandra

123sandra New Member

Just been reading your response to Smiffy.
    Yeah it's me that daft English Woman!! I only did the title because I KNEW it would get a response!!
    I loved your reply. I did reply back to you but it got deleted!!! I'd only been a member on the site 2 DAYS.
    We have to try to be funny with this DD giong on.
    I love your sense of humour.
    LOL Sandra
  2. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Sandra,I hope you do'nt mind if I address a questian to jeanne-in-canada on your post.

Jeanne you mentioned something about a poetry board that you belong to.

Could you share the name of the site?

I like to try the writing thing,and am looking for an outlet.

Thank you both!!!
    Denamay
  3. 123sandra

123sandra New Member

Feel free!!
    If you read this jeanne, I hope you are feeling a lot better than earlier.
    LOL
    Sandra
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

*bow, curtsy, (burp)*

Sandra (aka daft English woman),

You know, I can't even find that thread anymore. They didn't delete whole thing did they?

Jeanne
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

The place I go, PFFA, is not for the faint of heart or the casual writer. When you are a newbie, it's not like here, where they break out the warm fuzzies. there tends to be an intense hazing ritual and they can be brutal if you are seen as careless or lazy about your poetry. When I say workshop, it's a sweatshop. you can let it all hang out in the nonpoetry forums, but your poetry and critiques better be in the right forum for your skill level, or lack thereof, and critiqes are a shock to the system at first.

They are brutally honest. Nobody cares about feelings or disabilities. They'll tell you flat out it's not a support site and it's not to post therapeutic journal entry stuff, or to show off and get accolades. Trust me, accolades are hard to come by there. I posted a few poems here, and people were so effusive I felt like I was cheating or something, after being there.

There is a sister site for casual stuff and to just share and be supported and encouraged to express your feelings, it's called The Pink Palace of Poetitude. It's funny because I met my fiance through our poetry exchanges and we joined the site after. he writes crappy lazy poetry, though he impressed me when i didn't know an y better, heh. They've told him he belongs at the Pink Palace (I've even told him) but he says he's not joining any site called "Pink".

I shouldn't assume you aren't up to a real workshop. You, or someone else may be up for serious distraction. It's at everypoet.org/pffa One thing about me being there, is I feel normal. It took me over 6 mths to even admit I was chemically sensitive. I was surprised once I did though, that several members piped up they were too, even the meanest mod's wife is.

Jeanne
  6. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Many thanks to both Sandra and Jeanne.
    I will have a look at the sites you gave me and see if I think I am up to it.

I have to admit my ego is sometimes fragile

I had a piece published, mind you, it was quite awhile ago.

I am considering taking a creative writing course at university, quite costly but I think I have few stories to tell.

Not stuff about illness or my hard life either.

I try to put a lighter slant on even the serious stuff.

Jeanne, how about one of your poems? I missed your postings and would like to see what you do.

I hove same problims wit gramir ande spilling ande that kin bea pritty funnee.

Seriously though, I really do. I fought with that problem all of life.

Any way I try. Denamay also from Canada
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

PFFA has branched off to a prose site called everyauthor.com they have some fun brainstorm type exercises for prose and silly contination stories, continuing off what someone else wrote and building on it.

Bela, the owner, this babe-ilicious Swedish guy has recently started the satire site and is looking for writers. Not paid, but who would like to submit humourous, deadpan type of satire on broad political, eco, medico, sci subjects. And set in a futuristic setting no less. He announced it and I offered a tongue in cheek title for a story (that I wasn't sure if I would ever write) and he asked me if I would write for him. the title was:

"Man Breast Genom Mapped by Canadian Scientists"

We do have alot of fun there. Someone else started spewing out titles and this one makes me laugh every time I see it:

"Canadian Armies on the March. "The hell?" says US official.

I guess to say we don't have a rep for being too tough anymore may be an understatement. When my s.o. saw on the news last night that we were going to send our helicopters for aid to Louisiana, he says, "but they're not safe". that makes me laugh now too, he was serious, you should have seen the look on his face.

Jeanne

[This Message was Edited on 09/02/2005]
  8. 123sandra

123sandra New Member

They didn't delete the 1st thread, they deleated my 2nd one!!!

I'll have to find some clean jokes to post!!

Got brain freeze today so I think that is going to be impossible!!

Making a lot of mistakes with my speelings!!!

You keep the funny stuff up.

LOL and Hugs,Hugs,Hugs,Hugs,Hugs,Hugs,Hugs,Hugs,
    Sandra
  9. Jeanne-in-Canada

Denemay,
    I'll see if I can find the poetry thread to bump. Just don't gush on me, it makes me feel like I'm cheating. If you know craft, you'll easily see I'm intermediate, at best, anyway.

Jeanne
    [This Message was Edited on 09/03/2005]