Jeff Foxworthy Are you smarter than a 5th grader ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Mar 2, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Have you all Seen this new Game show?? it's on the Fox Network, Usually comes on after American Idol, Fun to watch, and Wow makes me think about all the Education i've forgotten,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,But Good News Due to this Show I'm starting to Remember some of it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The guy on there Last Night Had a Bacholers Degree in something,,,,,,,,,,Lol it's fun to watch!
  2. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I've been watching it and the answer for me is a big old resounding NO!

I got the teaspoon/tablespoon one and the biggest bone in the body one but other than that I was pretty well stumped!

Some I knew the answer but wouldn't have been sure enough to risk any money on it.

It is a lot of fun and Jeff Foxworthy is one of my favorites. I guess I really am a redneck!!

Stop and smell the puppies!
  3. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I think they must test the contestants before putting them on the program. They want people who don't know the answers or the game show wouldn't be funny. Those kids are so cute. I just love the facial expressions when the adult doesn't know the answer or gives the incorrect answer.

The only one I got wrong was the number of states that border the Pacific Ocean. My son got it right. I forgot about Hawaii and Alaska.

Didn't you think it was so funny about the guy who wanted to purchase a quarter of a million dollar car and paint it in CAMOUFLAGE! [This Message was Edited on 03/02/2007]
  4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

Oh my I have had great fun watching that show this week also although it seems that some of the questions are above the grade level they are being toted is still fun and I can't believe that these people don't know these simple questions. Some of them are hard though. I got stumped on the constelation question and some others but it is a lot of fun. It reminds me of a game my big sister and i played a lot in the 6o's it was called "Go to the head of the class". I loved it and since she was 4 years older than me I loved it when I could beat her. LOL I hope this show makes it and stays on for a while. Aren't the kids just adorable??

5. ckball

ckball New Member

how many got the answers wrong. I watched the first night and the first guy that graduated from a popular college, can't remember, but he missed the first grade level question. Never got past the first question. I can't say much because I didn't know some of them either.

Can you imagine having your family, co-workers and freinds watch you dumb out on national tv.

Hey Greenbean I'm a redneck too, lol- I have loved Jeff Foxworthy since the first time I saw him years ago. Then he had a sitcom for awhile. I'm glad to see him back again.
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

It's really Fun to watch the kids! They always give the right answers! so i'm wondering if it's a (set up),,,Like they practice before the show airs,, and i wonder if the contestants (play Dumb?),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I Don't know but it's Fun with our Redneck Buddy himself Jeff Foxworthy!

I'm a Redneck tooo! I Always tell My Girls that i'm a low Tech Redneck,,,,,,,,Lolol ,,,Due to all the new tech inventions that i have no clue how to run!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Except this pc and the DvD player,,,,,,,S
  7. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Don't know when we'll get this show in the UK but it sounds a lot of fun.We actually had an article in our local Daily newspaper today talking about the show's popularity & it listed some typical questions.
    Hope you don't mind but i've listed some of the fun Q's in a new thread.
    Thanks for giving me the idea,
    Best Wishes,paul.
  8. kellyann

kellyann New Member

This is a little of topic, but you know that comedy show they have on the country network? I think it's called the Big Show? Well, my husband owns and operates a gaphic design company and he did the giant sign that hangs behind Jeff Foxworthy on the shows. It's all lit up and says "the big show" I think that is kinda neat, knowing my husband made that sign and seeing it on T.V. all the time, haha!
    Take Care!
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

This is such a great show! Paul It's fine! Kelly thats cool that your Husband Desinged that sign! I will watch any show anytime when Jeff Foxworthy is aboard!,,,,,,,,,,The Kids get to Feel really special (Knowing) They are the smarter ones!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  10. 143alan

143alan New Member

It is so funny and fun to watch. My son and I race to see who can get the answers to the questions first. Since I homeschool him it's been fun to see that he actually knows this stuff, also a relief....LOL! I couldn't remember the one about the first president to be impeached. I knew it wasn't Nixon, but couldn't remember who it was at the time.

It's fun but I sure couldn't get up there and do it on stage. It takes a lot of guts to look stupid in front of millions of people or have to admit that I am not as smart as a 5th grader; which by the way I'm not.

Thanks for the post.