Jelly and elevil...anyone!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by judywhit, Mar 26, 2003.

1. judywhit

judywhit New Member

Hi Jelly and everyone else. Got a question. I started taking 25mg of elevil about 1 month ago. Taking this for sleep and pain. Pain is much better but not the sleep. I just uped it to 50mgs on my own. Will talk to doc next week. Is the 50mg still a theriputic dose for enhansing the stage 4 sleep. I thought I read somewhere that when you go over a certain mg it is no longer theraputic for sleep. Also does it matter what time of day you take this med if you are using for sleep? Hope to get some answers. thanks.
    Judy
    [This Message was Edited on 03/26/2003]
  2. schnoodle

schnoodle New Member

When I was able to take Elavil I worked up to 65 mg. I was taking 2 1/2 tablets. You are supposed to take it about 2 hours before bedtime because it takes awhile to get into your system. Once I worked up to 65 mg I never had to go any higher than that. It worked great for me. I slept good and felt better during the day because I was sleeping better. I don't know the answer to the stage 4 sleep question.
  3. judywhit

judywhit New Member

bless you...your the poster who cannot take meds anylonger for sleep! I feeeeeeeeeel for you!!! This sleep issue is so important and I know it makes you crazy if you cannot sleep. My mind starts playing tricks on me. I am going to say a prayer for you today, praying that you will find peace and sleep. I am so desperate I really do not even care about the weight issue. And, I am a substanial women if you know what I mean :) easily 40pds over weight. Sleep is more important than my vanity.
    God bless you,
    Judy
    [This Message was Edited on 03/26/2003]
  4. Harper

Harper New Member

I take 25 to 50 mg of trazadone for sleeping. This seems to help my sleep pattern.
  5. schnoodle

schnoodle New Member

You are a sweetie! I appreciate the prayer. I need it. Yup, I'm the one with problems taking meds. I hope the Elavil works wonders for you. I gained a few pounds while on it but I would gladly take the extra pounds in exchange for the sleep and I am as vain as any woman. Oh, for the good old Elavil days.