Jelly, Klutzo, Everyone Interested In Guai & Mycoplasmas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

After reading Cookie's message about her sharp pain and just starting the Guai, I had an "Aha Moment!" Remember that article by the guy who thought that perhaps the Guai doesn't work as Dr. St. A theorized? It may be that the Guai works on hypercoagulation (it does have some blood-thinning properties).

Suppose both docs are right. Suppose in addition to removing phosphate crystals from the soft tissue, the Guai forces the mycoplasmas and other stealth pathogens out of the cells deep in our bodies where they are killed off by the immune system, not unlike the antibiotics, antiviral, and antifungal drugs.

This would also produce a flare or, in reality, a Herx effect.

Now, I know there is something to Dr. St. A's theory, because I can see crystals and dust coming out in my urine, but it just occured to me that by thinning the blood, even slightly, the Guai may actually dislodge pathogens just like taking oxygen or using Heparin.

I may be all wet on this idea, but I had to get it down in writing before it jumped out of my pea brain as fast as it jumped in. Food for thought.

Love, Mikie
  2. TNhayley

TNhayley New Member

When I first came to this board and learned about herxing ... I said to myself, that sounds a lot like a guai flare. Hmmmm .....

BTW, I gave London's paper to my doc who has FMS (and RX's and uses guai) and haven't been able to ask him about his thoughts yet. I will be seeing him next week ... and I am putting this on my list for discussion.

This is one of those things that I say ... I wish I understood this stuff better! Nursing school ... microbiology ... here I come!

Hugs, Hayley
  3. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

I was taking Guai for help with keeping my lungs clear and I stopped because of some unpleasant side-effects.

I have been following all the information recently posted about its benefits and I would like to start again.

I was taking the full, prescribed dose and I'm wondering about just taking half-doses twice a day. What do you think?

Oh by the way, this is Guaifenisin(?) we're talking about...right?

Thank you,

Sandra
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Taking Guai for FMS is a whole different protocol than for the usual thinning of mucus. You need to get the book. "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About FIBROMYALGIA," by Dr. St. Amand. The Guai will not work on FMS unless you eliminate Salicylates from your supplements, meds, and personal-care items (it's in the book). Dosing is alse critical and the usual 2400 mgs would cause the Gaui flare from hell in most of us.

If you think you might want to try the Gaui, read the book and come here with any questions you may have. The Guai has worked really well or a number of us here.

Love, Mikie
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

You may be 100% right. Since I can't completely understand the science chapter in St. Amand's book, nor can I totally understand the refutation in Mark London's treatise on Guai, there is no way I could guess if your theory is correct. If it is, then I have no little buggies, since I got no results at 2,400 mgs., and that would be good news, at least for me!
    I do have one thought for your contemplation though. Since I do all these things in a scientific way, one at a time and controlled, one of the things I did with Guai was to check my urine several times before I went on it. The same little pieces of debris were there both before and after Guai. Many people may not start looking until they take Guai, and so do not realize that debris (that looks like little flakes) has been there all along. Therefore, I don't think flakes in urine should be used as proof that Guai is working. What happened with your pain meds is much more convincing evidence to me, unless you were going through menopause at the same time, since I know several Fibromites, including me, who had a great reduction in the pain level with the big M.
    Hugs,
    Klutzo
  6. Hippen

Hippen New Member

I too have noticed more particles in my urine output since I have been taking the Guai. I unfortunately have been a "urine watcher" for some time...LOL. I have been involved in detoxing my body for years and constantly watch my output for any extra debri...including darkening of the urine. I do not have the book on guai so I just started taking it and noticed extra debri in my urine..more like a powder than a flake. My urine also has more bubbles in it than before. For the longest time my urine output has been very clear as I was not eliminating the toxins...since I have been taking the Guai, my urine is darker...finally !!! Also, I complained about sudden sharp pains in my leg muscles after I started taking the Guai and learned that this was a sign of the guai removing particles from the muscles. I used to touch and massage my muscles in my arms and legs and it felt like I was bruised under my skin and it hurt to the touch. After a month on guai, I can now touch my muscles without them hurting. I feel that guai has done something good for me and hope that somebody else will experience good things also. Love, Hippen
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am menopausal but am on HRT. When I first increased the Guai from 1200 mgs. to 1800 mgs., I had the Guai flare from hell and there was so much debris in the toilet that it would almost immediately sink to the bottom of the bowl. The master bath is a very sluggish flusher and a few days after increasing, I noticed a pile of this white plaque-like matter in the bottom of the toilet even though it had been flushed. I stuck the toilet brush in and was able to dislodge it. It is just like the plaque which builds up on my bottom teeth.

I also cannot go without my Guai or I have severe pain. This, to me, is pretty convinceing evidence that the Guai works. With all else remaining the same, and I remove the Gaui, and it produces severe pain, logic tells me it's working.

Klutzo, my doc says the Guai doesn't work for everyone and no one knows why. Unfortunately, you must be one of those people.

It would be really nice to know how the Guai does work, but in the meantime, I will use it because for whatever reason, it is working for me.

Love, Mikie
  8. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

Mikie that sounds painful. I will check out the book but my symptoms are mostly at the CFS end of the spectrum.

Still...I like the detoxifying idea, my leg muscles ache and cramp terribly.

Thank you for all your caring responses. I'm amazed at how you ladies keep up with all of us,

Love

Sandra

[ advertisement ]