Jelly . . .

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerriM, Feb 20, 2003.

1. TerriM

TerriM New Member

Thanks for the quick answer about the ABX! Did you read my other post back to you the other day about the Amitriptyline (after you said you loved puzzles?) Anyway, I know you've done great on it for a long time . . . I took it for six months and almost felt back to my old, healthy self! Back then I didn't realize what it was doing or what I had & didn't back off a little when it started giving me next morning sedation . . . I stopped completely! What a fool I was (if I'd only known) . . . I tried last fall to go back on it, but now it makes me so hyper I can't sleep (and that is 1 mg.!) I am wondering since I've been off of it for awhile whether I could try it again and maybe something could have changed?? Wishful thinking I believe, but have you ever known anyone else that this happened to and do you have any idea if reactions like that can change back? Thanks!!!! Terri
  2. TerriM

TerriM New Member

I started way back then at 2.5 mg (1/4 tablet) and in a month was up to 10mg each night . . . should have backed off after the 6 mos when I started being drowsy 'til noon everyday . . . then I started again months later, but had become so sensitive to meds that i could only take 1 mg . . . was going to work up but after 1 week of good sleep, suddenly three nights in a rowe I WAS bouncing off the walls at 1 mg.

I think after I see the immunologist tomorrow I'll try it again . . . it definitely does something to the immune system so I don't want to take it pre-testing. Terri