Jellybelly...about digestive enzymes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by camelgirl, Feb 24, 2003.

1. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

I have two questions...first of all, i just got out of the hospital due to a bleeding ulcer...hemoglobin went from 11 to 5 in 24 hrs...the cause of the ulcer is a mystery...secondly, back when i was doing peritoneal dialysis, i had a lot of trouble with fibrin in my dialysate...do you think this could all be related to digestive enzymes in any way....i really don't know, but thought you may have an opinion...thanks so much for your input.
    peace, hugs, god bless, camelgirl
  2. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I don't mean to bud in, but I wondered if you know about the H.Pylori Bacteria that is considered responsible for most ulcers, I think, today..I was treated with just a few weeks of antibiotics and my ulcer, which had bothered me for years, was healed and I have never had a reoccurence.. AND THAT HAS BEEN ABOUT 8 years ago..I thought most docs were treating ulcers this way, now, as they are suppose to know that this is the cause of most, if not all ulcers.. I would not take any digestive enzymes until that is cleared up, however..that would just irritate your stomach more..(Have you been tested and treated for that bacterium? HOPE YOU GET THAT HEALED SOON..I KNOW HOW IT FEELS..GOOD Luck to you, LOL, AMELIA
    [This Message was Edited on 02/24/2003]
  3. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

and, yes, they tested me for the bacteria in the hospital and it came back negative...go figure, huh?...much appreciation for the advice and concern.
    peace, hugs, god bless, camelgirl
  4. healing

healing New Member

I'm one of those who has written about digestive upsets with probiotics and enzymes. I took Simalase for about a week, with meals, and I had a total digestive collapse -- was up all night walking, walking, walking the acid off. Couldn't eat properly for days.

Same thing happened after taking probiotics. And acidophillus makes me nauseated.

Now here's the interesting thing: I can eat yogurt (Stonyfield's Baby-Yo has all the good bugs in it) and food-based probiotics (Dannon makes one -- it's like liquid yogurt). Just can't take this stuff in pill form.
    What I'm getting at is that, if you can tolerate milk products, it might be easier on your stomach if you stick with the yogurt etc.

Hope you get better soon --