Jellybelly and others - "Herxing" from oxygen therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jen F, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Jen F

Jen F New Member

Hey, Jellybelly!

I was looking up bromelain in the search feature and noticed your following post:

"Hey Sunny 04/09/03 10:48 AM

Aren't you on oxygen? Oxygen can cause a serious flare. The primary purpose is to kill off pathogens that can only live in a low oxygen environment. I get a Herx almost immediately, but I am also taking huge amounts of oxygen. If it was you who was taking it, wasn't it at a much smaller dose, it may have taken time to actually start killing some of these little nasties:} "

Your comments were the first I've heard about being sicker after oxygen therapy.

I went to an oxygen bar for the first time last summer, did a double session while I was there and got really sick the next couple of days. I did wonder if it was due to the body cleaning itself and therefore putting lots of "garbage " in my bloodstream. But, it was only my personal theory.

I had hoped to make it back there and only do a single, but didn't get there yet...

Is that what happens to you? Too much cellular garbage released when you inhale O2?