Jellybelly.....question?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dojomo, Apr 15, 2003.

1. dojomo

dojomo New Member

First thanks for all you contribute to this board...

And I whole-heartedly agree that our circulatory system is not only affected by hypercoagulation...but vasospasms...

Thick blood with narrowed vessels .. I can see why we have circulation problems......

I can see the veins in my hands and feet, they are SO constricted that you probably couldn't thread a strand of hair in them. I have always been a "difficult stick" as far as drawing blood. And when they finally hit the vein..it drips out. It took 15 minutes to fill 3 tubes.

I would like to be tested for hypercoagulation......what tests diagnosis this?....I know you have posted this before , BUT the search engine on this site really suks......and I can't find it. Could you bump it for me? Thanks..

And.....do you have vasoconstriction or vasospasms as well? .........Thanks DJ
  2. dojomo

dojomo New Member

Yes I do have Raynauds...... I know if I can find ways to improve my circulation...I will feel better.

Thanks for the info.....DJ
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Is that the same thing? They did two types of tests, a PT and a PTT, and both were normal, leaning toward taking too long to coagulate. This may be beause I take vitamin E and Chondroitin.
    I do have vasospasms however,as determined by a transcranial doeppler ultrasound, and they are cold sensitive. I have to keep my chest and neck covered any time the temp is below 50, or I get spasms that will put me down on the ground. The Cardiologist said it could kill me, so I wear a down vest, even though I look riduculous in it at that temp!
    Klutzo
  4. dojomo

dojomo New Member

I know PT and PTT are prothrombin and partial prothombin times.....

I was wondering myself what tests are used.....The site Jelly directed me to uses the ISAC panel....ISAC panel of five tests, including, Fibrinogen, Prothrombin Fragment 1+2, Thrombin/ AntiThrombin Complexes, Soluble Fibrin Monomer, and Platelet Activation by flow cytometry.

Whatever all that means.....still investigating all this..correct me if I'm wrong Jelly........ DJ
  5. sujay

sujay New Member

There simply is no substitute for the ISAC Panel at HEMEX Labs. Dave Berg will answer any questions your doctor may have. I know, because I had a ton when I started doing this test on my own patients. Good thing I did, though, because, after several months of denial I realized that I too had CFS (and probably FM as well, though I'm a stickler for diagnosis; my doctor quit torturing me when the first 5 or 6 trigger points he tested were positive.) I was so excited about this disease model that I could hardly stand it; nearly 20 years in practice and this was the first time in my many years of treating CFS patients that SOMETHING MADE SENSE.