Jellybelly re: Hypercoagulation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Marlene35, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Marlene35

Marlene35 New Member

Have been reading your posts on hypercoagulation and even though I have never been tested for this I believe I may have this.

I've had CFS for 14 years. Whenever I have blood drawn for tests they usually have to syringe it out because it is so thick it will not run out. Also, at times my platelet count is very high and for no apparent reason othe than sticky platelets. Could these two things point to hypercoagulation?

Also, do you know if there is anything natural that can correct this problem. I do not like adding more drugs to my regimen.

Another question: Where would I go to be tested for this?

Thanks for your help.

Marlene
  2. scottabir

scottabir New Member

Marlene,
    I have been reading all the posts on Hypercoagulation and I have decided its time to post. Anyway, I was diagnosed with a gene mutation of my MTHFR. The disorder runs in my family but I have one of the worst of the disorders. Anyway, what the dsorder is called is Hyperhomocysteinemia. This disorder causes thrombosis (blood clots). Anyway, 6 months before I was diagnosed I went to the ER and when they drew my blood I knew there was something wrong because it was so thick. I also have a High LPa (8 times the normal levels) which means my body isn't recognizing Vitamin B causing VERY high cholesterol levels.

As far as tests go, you can ask for the MTHFR as well as well as LPa. Also ask for a PT and/or PTT which measure how long it takes your blood to clot and tests to see if you do have a clotting disorder. All of these tests can be ordered by an physician.

For natural herbs one of the best to use is Red Clover. It is similar in taste to parsley and chervil. It is used as a blood cleanser as well as a blood thinner.

With Hyperhomocysteinemia I am supposed to be on blood thinners but unfortunately I just recently started receiving med insurance so I havent been on blood thinners for over 3 years. When I was first treated over three years ago I DID have good results. I had more energy BUT still not enough to work full time. I did feel better than I do now. I am pleased to that mt DR did ok a referral for me to see a hematologist but I haven't been able to make my appt. yet. I cant wait! If you or anyone else has any questions please feel free to e-mail me.

Abi

[This Message was Edited on 06/14/2003]
  3. Marlene35

Marlene35 New Member

Thanks for the very helpful information. I plan to try to get into a doctor and have some testing done. In the meantime I will drink Red Clover tea and hope that will be helpful.

Marlene
  4. Marlene35

Marlene35 New Member

5. scottabir

scottabir New Member

Another test you will want to add is the Factor V Leiden. It too is a test that invloves blood clotting disorders.

Abi
  6. scottabir

scottabir New Member

When you have these tests done, also have them check your actual homocysteine levels. However, if you do find out that you test positive for the MTHFR disorder BUT your homocysteine levels come back within normal range it DOES NOT mean you don't have the disorder. My last PCP tried to convince me that I didn't have the blood disorder because my homocysteine levels were normal. Even though my blood disorder is called Hyperhomocysteine it affects the clotting factor MORE than the actual homocysteine.

Abi
  7. Marlene35

Marlene35 New Member

Just bumping for Jellybelly
  8. Marlene35

Marlene35 New Member

9. Marlene35

Marlene35 New Member

10. Marlene35

Marlene35 New Member