Jennypee Needs Help! Disability Questions!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jennypee, Oct 25, 2005.

1. jennypee

jennypee New Member

I have two questions--

When you're approved for SSD do you automatically get some kind of medical insurance with it?

Has anyone on here won without a personal doctor who backs them up? I'm not sure my doc will support me. Recently he seems to have the attitude that I just need to "suck it up."
    Last visit he actually told me that I'd have this DD for the rest of my life, so I'd better get used to the pain.
  2. twister425

twister425 New Member

yo get medacare after 24 months. I myself have appliedand my pcp is not supportive of it. He feels the 20 hrs I work know (cut from 40 bt rheumy) is good exercise for me HA!!!!! exercise is going to curves(which I am not yet)not where I work it's stress and gossip and everybody is out for themselves. not exercise! You cuold try for medicaid?

Good Luck hope this helps
    Sherri
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

now has to do a 24 month waiting period w/o medicare rediculous i must say...

and just because your doctor says your not disabled doesn not mean you are not by ssd terms. my pcp said jodie your not disabled ,but i have won in the intial phase just getting my paperwork reviewd randomly selected..

so apply and let them figure it out not the doctor. you can approach the doctor about having them say it will be 12-18 months of disability in your chart.

go to disabilitysecrets.com

jodie
  4. jennypee

jennypee New Member

Thanks for all your help!
  5. mom-mom

mom-mom New Member

I have been on disability 6 years. You need to find a good rheumy doctor. First thing I asked was( do you believe fibromyalgia is real. His answer was YES. I went to him for a couple of months and then told him I couldn't due my job any longer. I told him about every pain, ache, and about the depression. If they are as good a doctor as mine they will document everything you tell them. When we started the paper work my dr. told me my chances were slim to none to get disability for fibro. My disability is for fibro and depression.I go to him every 3 months or so. If they check to see if you are still disabled you should be under a dr. care. The key is to find a dr. who supports you. Good Luck and you have my prayers.
  6. nleer

nleer Member

Jennypee,

I just received my disability after 3 years of trying to get it.

I had to re-apply and get a good disability lawyer.

I have Fibro, Depression, Osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, and asthma; among other things.

About 60% of people get disability after trying the second time and having a good lawyer.

Lawyer only gets paid if you win and they take 25%.

Hope this helps,

Nancy Leer
  7. puppyfreak

puppyfreak New Member

My disability was approved retroactively 4 years so my Medicare started right away. And they automatically take the payments out but because of the amount of my SSDI monthly payment and because I owe a ton of medical bills, my state is paying the Medicare premium [I live in Washington].
    It does vary some so you need to explore all your options so you can take advantage of everything out there.

Char