Jeremy Piven has low-level mono and high mercury levels

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by confetti11, Dec 18, 2008.

1. confetti11

confetti11 New Member

I just saw this on tmz ...Jeremy Piven (fairly well-known actor from HBO's Entourage if you're not familiar with him) apparently just had to quit a play he was doing and cited having high levels of mercury as the cause. He was apparently extremely exhausted. Now they are saying before that he had said he had low-level mono.

Not suprisingly, people are sort of making a joke of it and accusing him of just wanting to get out of the play. Sound familiar?

Anyway, I found this news interesting because you rarely hear of a celebrity having something like this. Or admitting to it anyway.
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

I heard that they were making a joke of it and it REALLY angered me!

Why are people so cruel?
  3. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

I hope he gets better and gets good care. I am impressed that his doctors identified mercury as the underlying cause of his fatigue, despite his "mono reactivation". They could have just dumped him in the "CFS" bin. Well hopefully this means he can get the mercury out and actually get better. And yeah, the hollywood press is stupid. The same thing happened to Lisa Marie Presley a while back. I think I read about it in rolling stone... She had mercury poisioning from her fillings IIRC. Sounds like Piven ate too much sushi, and also tooks some supplements that were contaminated. I don't think they are 100% sure though...
  4. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

They really ought to do a clinical trial on the Cutler chelation program. I think a lot of the issues with chelation are that it can be dangerous if done wrong. I think a lot of doctors have no idea what they are doing with it, and probably do harm people. They are ruining it for the rest of them who are careful and do it correctly.
  5. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

am i wrong or would you have to eat a TON of sushi to get that high of a level of mercury??? his symptoms sound a lot like cfids.If that turns out to be the case i sure hope he comes clean with it. and YES they were making fun of him & then saying he was making it all up, guess time will tell!!
  6. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

I don't know abou a ton. The months before I got sick, I ate sushi 2-3 times a week. Sometimes I ate tuna, but mostly salmon, and other supposedly "non-mercury" fish. My hair test and blood tests were elevated for 6 months after I stopped eating it. I think the FDA and fishing industry are not being completely honest with how much mercury is in seafood. There was an article a few months back in the NY times that said that eating only 6 peices of tuna sushi was enough to get your blood levels up above the limit that is considered "bad" (which IIRC is 12 but I don't remember the units.) All I remember as mine was 11, and that was 6 months after not eating any fish.

Seeing as heavy metal poisioning can cause all of the symptoms of CFS, including letting viruses reactivate, its totally feasible that he has mercury poisioning as the root of his illness. They said on one of the news sites his levels were 6 times the normal limit. Yikes...[This Message was Edited on 12/19/2008]
  7. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

Yeah well could be. The character he plays on Entourage is relatively "mercuric" - Ari Gold. But who knows what hes like in real life. I think I'm generalizing too much now.. suffice it to say, I hope he gets the proper treamtent and gets better. He's a hell of an actor.
  8. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I have posted an article on chelation in a separate post. I thought it was too long to post here.