Jerking Movements

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gknee, Apr 23, 2012.

1. gknee

gknee New Member

I have CFS/FM and I have been experiencing jerking movements and need some info. The movements are not the muscle twitches where you can see a muscle twitting under your skin. It is not the jerks you feel as you fall asleep ethier. The best way I can describe it is you body jumping or jerking. It usally happens when I am feeling at my worst. I feel it when I am fully awake. My entire shoulder will contract lifting it off the bed or couch. I have even done sit-ups with stomach contractions. I will get a few within a couple of minutes. Then they stop and will come back later. They don't hurt but they are a little frightening. They are more bothersome than anything else. Does anyone have these?
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Those jerking movements can happen if the cause of your symptoms is a chronic Borrelia infection (Lyme disease)..

Have you watched the wonderful documentary "Under Our Skin"? I think you can still view it for free on

If you Google "Under Our Skin hulu" I think you can find it.

Here is some more info...

3. Kittyweird

Kittyweird New Member

I get these, usually if I am flaring. Sometimes I will go to pick up something & find myself flinging it across the room or dropping it instead. I also get head jerking, as well as arms & legs. Because FM is a disorder of the central nervous system, I have been told that it is nerves misfiring.