Jerks and twitches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LauraLea, Jan 3, 2003.

1. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

My husband has been telling me that I jerk and twitch a lot at night. He said he was afraid he might have to start sleeping in the other room. Recently I read that this symptom is connected to Fibro. I also read that the medication Klonipin (sp) can help to reduce this.

I would like to hear from people who are using the medication if this has been the case for you. Currently I am using Elavil in the evening and it does help me sleep, but I am wondering if I can replace it with Klonipin.

Thanks Laura

2. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

It fixed the jerking and twitching pretty good for me. I found it best to take a mixture of magnesium and calcium -- it seems to help with absorption and maintains a more natural balance in your body. Using supplements is always better than using meds if you can do it.
    Hope you find a solution,
    --Marcus
  3. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

Thanks Jellybean yes Elavil does help even though I also put on about 25 lbs.

Thanks Marcus I am going to try magnesium first instead of adding another drug.

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to see my doctor in a couple of weeks so I wanted some feedback befor I just go in and ask her to add a new drug. I don't want my hubby to move out of our bed.......
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Laura, try this! I suffer from the chronic muscle twitching, and magnesium has not eliminated it, but it has reduced it significantly. Some forms of magnesium can cause diarrhea, and it helps to start small (any form) and build up gradually. But try it, it may work for you, too.

Hugs,
    Pam