Jewls920 tarot cards Help me

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mylilcherub428, Jan 1, 2008.

1. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

I used to do them along time ago just got some for christmas tarot made easy it basically has u do stuff like yer in school to learn it it is perfect for me

So I still have to finish learning practice for awhile and eventually do readings I was wondering how much u charge

my friend payed 80 for a reading but I'm sure it was someone who had been doin it for awhile with a special room to do it with all the bells and whistles

I know my bf's friends will be interested and I was thinking I could also do parties and they could pay me a lump sum for however many hours and I will read the peole at the p[arty

I don't know anyone else that does tarot so I would luv to talk to u about it

Thanx so much-Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 01/03/2008]
  2. disconcerted

disconcerted New Member

Before i came down with CFS i used to read the cards but i never quite learned them properly. I knew the 'basics' of most of them but never fully. What i did find, however, that even when i just went with my feelings i would often get things right so i carried on as i was. I never charged though; i only did it for friends. I never had the confidence to do more and charge for it.

If you do want to charge and expand, i suggest working from friends referrals and tell them you are new to this and offer to do them a reading for half-price at first. In the UK an experienced practitioner would charge £40, about the equivalent of 80 dollars, so to start with, maybe you could charge 40. Make sure you tell them it is a special offer and the price will go up sometime (fix a deadline) or they will expect half price forever more.

Remember tho that most people will expect at least a half hour reading - can you sit comfortably with FM for that long? Perhaps consider a telephone service where you can call clients and give a reading from bed or wherever you are comfortable, or ask clients to send you a photo or memento for you to work from and then post them a reading?

I think i'll get my cards out tonight and see how things look for me at the moment...

Best wishes,

3. victoria

victoria New Member

LOL I don't think you meant this post to me, but it caught my attention of course, and --

Actually I have done it off and on for friends over the years, and do it pretty well if I'm left alone to ponder, and if a person isn't too directive. Amazing how some people really try to direct what they want to hear!

I've always been ultra-sensitive to nuances in voice and body language equally, have questioned how much this comes into play... maybe part of being 'sensitive'?

I did find that silences of more than a minute or so - especially when you're with someone you don't know really - somehow usually feels awkward; I get the feeling most people 'expect' you to keep up some kind of a patter/flow. Maybe because it is due to TV/movies' depiction? So I found it distracting if someone wouldn't give me a little bit.

LOL for a (VERY) short while I even took calls at home for that TV tarot reader (jeez, can't even remember her name, the one with the Jamaican accent) ... I think most people doing it were honest, altho the incentive was definitely there to fool people/lead them on, and certainly the info I was sent gave that idea easily. . .

The other problem was that the way it was rigged, the incentive was to lead people on by talking as much as possible, therefore running up their phone charges. If you didn't maintain a 30 minute average (into which hangups were counted!), you didn't get calls funnelled to you.

SO-- I didn't last very long, I'm way too honest!

But, one needs to be wary of all people... imho, that even includes therapists with MAs and PhDs... I have heard some really lousy advice stories told to my DH by pts (he was a clinical psychologist).

all the best,

[This Message was Edited on 01/02/2008]
  4. mylilcherub428

for your replies I know there is someone who does tarot readings on the fibro board thought her name was victoria I'll have to figure it out.mabe she does not post on this board. Thanx for yor replies-KIm
  5. mylilcherub428

to put the right name in the title sorry jewels don't know why I thought your screen name was victoria is that your real name??? THanx for any help u can offer me-KIm
  6. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

So sorry for the delayed reply. Got the flu. Blech.

I charge $1 per minute for my tarot readings. That way, the client can control the cost by choosing the questions carefully to keep the cost down or just chatting away if money is not a factor.

Basically, a tarot reading should cost about the same as a massage in your area.

I usually do parties with a reduced rate per reading ($20 for half hour) and have the guests pay for their own readings. Sometimes, the host will want to pay, but that's unusual. If the host gets a certain amount of people or more, I give a further reduced rate. Make sure you're charging enough to cover your table decorations, tarot, travel, and your TIME.

Bells and whistles are great, but remember, people are paying to hear what you see in the cards. And they appreciate it when you can keep your cost relatively low. (at least my people do!)

Let me know if you'd like to know anything else.

Love and hugs.

7. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I have a collection of about 35 different decks of cards. The artwork on them is amazing! I have all kinds, fairies, medicine woman, witches, dragons, all sorts of them. I am just learning to read them myself. I have bought fancy little carved wooden boxes for most of my decks of tarot cards. They are so cool! I know, it's a weird thing to collect, haha! Although the decks are all different the setup is basically the same and the meanings for the cards are basically the same. I even have an old deck that is a gypsy fortune tellers deck. It looks like a regular deck of cards but with extras in it. I just do mine for fun, so I don't know anything about charging money for readings. But it surely would be a fun job! Good luck with your ambitions!

Take Care!
  8. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

A "collector"! THAT'S what I am! I thought I was just crazy obsessed with getting every tarot deck ever made! LOL

I love all the different decks, too. Also digging the oracle decks that are similar to tarot but don't have all the different suits. I've gotten some astounding readings from oracle decks.

Love and hugs.

9. victoria

victoria New Member

Have you seen Artist's Inner Vision Tarot deck? it's the one I really want... it was created by a bunch of different artists. If you google the name, you'll easily find it and be able to see all the illustrations online.

10. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

The Artist's Inner Vision Tarot Deck is incredible! I've never seen a tarot work like that. Very special.