JFK had fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twjen, Nov 21, 2002.

1. twjen

twjen New Member

Okay, maybe Im wrong, but didnt they say JFK was in alot of pain because of a back injury and surgery? I didnt hear them say he had complaints of fibro. although it would be nice to know if that is the case, and nice to know that maybe a few famous people have it. (not that I wish it on them, but I think someone famous has to have it too, cant just be regular people). Im really interested to know why everyone is saying JFK had fibro? Thanks for any info.
  2. twjen

twjen New Member

Okay, maybe Im wrong, but didnt they say JFK was in alot of pain because of a back injury and surgery? I didnt hear them say he had complaints of fibro. although it would be nice to know if that is the case, and nice to know that maybe a few famous people have it. (not that I wish it on them, but I think someone famous has to have it too, cant just be regular people). Im really interested to know why everyone is saying JFK had fibro? Thanks for any info.
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Wow! Today is the 39th anniversary of JFK's assassination! I can't believe it's been so long. I know this post may not belong here, but he was a great president and it was a very sad day in American history!
  4. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Indeed. As with Addison's; it can be a disease in and of itself or it can be a by-product of Cushings Syndrome, which I have from taking Pred. for many years; fortunately I'm trying to stay at 5mg. and some of the Cushings' is reversing; however I've been so down I upped the amt. to 10mg. today and probably atleast tomorrow.

I will read the ref'd article in the Atlantic. From the IBS to depression; back problems et al. sounds to me like FMS somewhere between the moderate to severe degree; and it is a tribute to the energy he was able to grasp with such a dilemma.

Ironically I saw he and Jackie is a small motorcade downtown in San Antonio the day before he was assassinated and was moved by the "glow" both seemed to have on their countenances. CactusLil'