Jill = llama Hellooooooo...are you out there?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4everkid, Jan 27, 2008.

1. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Jill, how are you? I see that you haven't posted much lately, and thought I should check on you. I hope you are doing okay.

As I am sure you are aware, it's FINALLY time for Lost to start back up! I am beside myself with glee! I hope you will be able to pop in and discuss the show with everyone here. If you are not up to being Threadmaster (it needed a title), I will take the reins for you till you are ready again. Either way, I hope you will be there. We all value your viewpoints and great theories, and it wouldn't be the same without you.

Until then, hope you are doing well.

2. llama

llama New Member

Hi Lisa!

I just posted on the other thread, when I thought I ought to check out my username posts, and saw this.

Thanks for always being so kind and respectful...your post gave me some much needed words of encouragement!

How have you been? I hope your mobility is back to normal or at least, well on its way.

I've been a bit of a lurker the last few months, hate to admit. I actually visit a few times a week, but lately just haven't had the energy to join in on threads. Maybe with the return of Lost, I'll come out of my shell!

I look forward to your keen insights!! Thanks again for your friendship............Jill................

3. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Glad to hear that you have been in attendance here. I go into lurker mode a lot myself. Just don't always have anything to contribute. Then, other times I can't shut myself up!

I am doing better. My broken ankle healed fine, but I have a lot of arthritis in both feet and knees. I started taking OsteoBiFlex for the arthritis recently and it seems to be helping!

I had to pull myself together fast last month. About a week before Christmas, hubby fell in the garage and broke his hip. We had to call an ambulance to get him up and to the hospital. He had to get a pin put in his leg from hip to knee. So I became the least messed up of the two of us, and had to take care of him. We live in a split-level home, so he was now stuck upstairs and I got to do a lot of extra stair climbing. (plus, a lot of extra pain meds!)

Luckily our 3 wonderful grown kids were a big help. Hubby is healing nicely now and is getting around again.

How are your migraines? I hope you have found some relief from those.

I have missed you while you have been lurking. I just wanted you to know that your absence has not gone unnoticed. A lot of people here have tight knit groups of friends, and if they are missing for a day, people notice. I am pretty sure only the Lost fans would notice if I vanished. So in case you wondered, I missed you. I checked your name several times and saw that you had been absent. I assumed you were still feeling lousy. I guess I should have written sooner and coaxed you out of lurking.

Lost will probably be more mind blowing than ever, now with the faster pace and the flash forwards added in. I hope I can keep up! With the writers strike and nothing but mind numbing reality shows to watch, my brain has been on vacation.

I am thrilled Lost is returning and plan to tape the new show, Eli Stone, that follows it. I will have to save it to watch on an alternative night. I can't focus on anything else when Lost ends. I need about 10 minutes of WTF time, followed by a rush to the computer to see what other fans noticed that I missed.

I don't want to take over your Lost thread, unless you just don't feel like doing it. But if you are still feeling lousy, I will be glad to help. I will come along about mid-day on Thursday, and if you haven't posted a Lost thread, I will get one set up for everyone. But, your attendance is mandatory! We need your insight!

See you then buddy!

4. llama

llama New Member

Hey Lisa,

Thanks for the newsy post...although I'm really sorry to hear about your DH's fall. I'm sure you were both put in an unexpected role...him needing the care and you having the extra exertion of caring. So relieved to hear that he's on the mend nicely.

You hit the nail on the head about why I've turned into a lurker. I just often feel that I have nothing new to contribute, especially threads where there are all ready 47 posts! I guess I'm glad to hear someone missed me..lol!

I've not really formed any relationship with anyone here except you and Bruin63 (she and I email on occassion). She's also excited about Lost, but may not post a whole lot b/c she's really been in terrible pain from a number of areas but particularly her fingers.

I'm happy but cautious to report that my migraines have lessened quite a bit...but you know these DD's never leave you waiting long for a new ache or pain. I've been on Lyrica for the last couple of weeks and have now begun weaning myself off of it. It never really helped much, but it just kept me so drowsy and "unwell" feeling, plus it was beginning to make me gain weight!

Being a diabetic, I simply couldn't allow additional weight. I've actually lost 20lbs. over the last year...I need a whole lot more to disappear but being this inactive sure doesn't speed up the process.

I guess I've bent your ear enough...but again I appreciate our chats. I'm a big kid, I still get a big goofy grin when I see a message is for me!

Oh yeah, please do take over the weekly threads, if you wouldn't mind? If you do, I'll help...gee this is going to be such a short season, it probably won't be too taxing on either one of us. BTW, is the season really only going to be 8 episodes? I guess you haven't heard how they plan to divide up the remaining 40? Sounds like Lost will keep us guessing, as usual.

Enjoy "The Beginning of the End!"...how ominous is that???