Jillian and all others who replied to "Ok, lets get serious"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SharonR, Sep 6, 2002.

1. SharonR

SharonR New Member

Thank you for the post under "OK, Lets get serious"
    Jillian your input sounds like you are an analyst, and if that is so then the bait was taken, I'm getting ready to reel you in, and I've never been fishing.
    I truly do not possess the capabilities of engineering this project if it gets larger than 3 questions, what I was counting on was this massive group effort to take over and put this puzzle together.
    This made me smile ,"the princess/ruler of the project" . No ego involved here Jill, I simply think our common ground will allow us to work in mass, and great things happen with synergy . The least that can happen is organization of our personal knowledge.
    This is a very social board, and I think that's why it attracts so many people. Lot's of people just read, never post, maybe this kind of teamwork can coax them out and they can contribute.
    Would you consider putting together an analysis of the info ? If you read thru the thread there were people ready to help.
    We will gather the wheat, but I personally don't know how to bake the bread, I am sure from the postings that there are people capable and willing to step forward and help. So this doesn't have to land squarely on any one persons shoulders. This is like organizing a convention, and I guess this is the convention hall. We just systematically have to find out who can and would be willing to do what.

You could post asking for a "Huddle of Leaders" The problem is the vast amount of information that is so fragmented, and as I said before, buried under postings, and things change on a daily basis. The library here has all sorts of info on everything, and they keep it updated. But we are reading it individually, and then we post on a certain topic of interest, and then go on individually with our lives.
    So we (collectively) could benefit as a group by contributing and then seeing the fruits of our labor. Kind of like writing a book. But it needs direction and organization.
    Everyone has their theories on how this mess is transmitted, and suspicions on many subjects relating to it. But until we take the initiative to research it, then we are just spinning our wheels.
    So hey I am willing to do what ever works, and to the rest of you that posted, let's do it!!!
    We need a volunteer group.
    Smiles
    SharonR

2. SharonR

SharonR New Member

Thank you for the post under "OK, Lets get serious"
    Jillian your input sounds like you are an analyst, and if that is so then the bait was taken, I'm getting ready to reel you in, and I've never been fishing.
    I truly do not possess the capabilities of engineering this project if it gets larger than 3 questions, what I was counting on was this massive group effort to take over and put this puzzle together.
    This made me smile ,"the princess/ruler of the project" . No ego involved here Jill, I simply think our common ground will allow us to work in mass, and great things happen with synergy . The least that can happen is organization of our personal knowledge.
    This is a very social board, and I think that's why it attracts so many people. Lot's of people just read, never post, maybe this kind of teamwork can coax them out and they can contribute.
    Would you consider putting together an analysis of the info ? If you read thru the thread there were people ready to help.
    We will gather the wheat, but I personally don't know how to bake the bread, I am sure from the postings that there are people capable and willing to step forward and help. So this doesn't have to land squarely on any one persons shoulders. This is like organizing a convention, and I guess this is the convention hall. We just systematically have to find out who can and would be willing to do what.

You could post asking for a "Huddle of Leaders" The problem is the vast amount of information that is so fragmented, and as I said before, buried under postings, and things change on a daily basis. The library here has all sorts of info on everything, and they keep it updated. But we are reading it individually, and then we post on a certain topic of interest, and then go on individually with our lives.
    So we (collectively) could benefit as a group by contributing and then seeing the fruits of our labor. Kind of like writing a book. But it needs direction and organization.
    Everyone has their theories on how this mess is transmitted, and suspicions on many subjects relating to it. But until we take the initiative to research it, then we are just spinning our wheels.
    So hey I am willing to do what ever works, and to the rest of you that posted, let's do it!!!
    We need a volunteer group.
    Smiles
    SharonR

3. dojomo

dojomo New Member

Sharon.......I posted on the other thread that we can delete our BUMPS after we move the post to the top..it stays there....helps keep threads shorter and numbers more accurate. I have bumped 40-50 several times and then deleted the post, it stays at the top.
    And maybe the ones that mistakenly posted in the wrong spot can re-do theirs......
    And anything else that I can contribute,,,,,,I'am willing....DJ
  4. SharonR

SharonR New Member

You are a rock star!!!
    That was a great idea about the bump thing, these post can be so long.
    And you are doing great with the 40-50 thing.
    All in teamwork
    Smiles
    SharonR
  5. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

We're getting a lot of responses! Woohoo!

-Shoobie
  6. SharonR

SharonR New Member

We are, hopefully by next Wednesday we will have a sizable headcount. Just keep bumping your post...You go!!
    The shades of solidarity can run very deep
    Smiles
    SharonR
  7. dojomo

dojomo New Member

........You can delete your BUMPS...it will help keep thread neat and keep them from being too long, and it won't change the position on the board. This board can move fast so we may have to bump frequently...so let's delete our "BUMPS" as much as possible....you can delete or edit using the red word under your name....DJ