jittery legs

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by geralynn, Aug 31, 2003.

1. geralynn

geralynn New Member

Hi
    I'm a type 2 Diabetic. I am taking Prozac for depression. Lovastatin and Lisinipril for cholesteral and Kidneys. And Metformin and Glyburide for my diabetes.My problem is whenever I am standing stillor sitting at a desk, I can't hold my legs still. I am constantly bouncing my ankles and feet, dancing around a little. It's not a conscious thing I do it with out thinking. But it is almost constant. At least once a day I get asked If I need to go to the bathroom, because it looks like kinda like the peepee dance!While I am sitting here ,right know, my heels of my feet are bouncing up and down. I t takes all my concentration to stop. It is just strange. I not sure how long I've been doing this I became aware of it about a month ago. If any one has any ideas, I would appreciate them.
    Geralynn
  2. Jazz72

Jazz72 New Member

Geralynn,
    Sounds like RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome), not sure. I have it and can't sit too long without getting up for a little while. Check it out on the web.

Jazz72

3. joyfully

joyfully New Member

My hubby has it. He takes Klonopin at night to really minimize the thrashing.
  4. erauccsmom

erauccsmom New Member

When I sit still for a while or lie down for a while without going to sleep, I get this feeling that I have to move my legs. I can't keep them still. I can't see them jumping like you can but it is a weird feeling. My dad had it and he always called it the "figets". Who knows where he got that one from. I have a cousin that has it also so I am thinking it might be something that "runs in the family" I haven't a clue what it is but I wish it would go away.