~~~~~~~~JLH~~~~~~~

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ilovecats94, Feb 23, 2006.

1. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Janet,
    Just an update on what has been happening with me. I started on a dietary supplement, sublingual, and it ended up tearing up my esophagus and stomach.

I didn't realize it at first, that it was due to the supplement so I kept taking it.

By the time I realized what was going on, I was in a really bad way. Didn't want to see my doc as I KNOW he would have put me in the hospital again to rule out heart problems when I know it was my esophagus and stomach.

I only have this pain after I eat and then I lay down and it starts up and I have to use a ton of Tums and Pepto-Bismol. At one time I was taking aspirin, but that was only making it worse.

Now when I come upstairs I'll take another Pepcid AC and Reglan. I have been to the bathroom 4 times today.

Didn't need a Lortab until around 8:30 PM, and then had to take yet another one around 10 PM.

Well for some reason the Lortabs give me energy. I just hope when I see my family doc I can get another Rx of them for pain when I run low in them. I'm trying not to take them unless I need them for pain.

I told hubby tonight that we need something with no tomatoes or acid in it for tomorrow night, like a tuna sandwich or grilled cheese. Maybe some beets for a veggie. I just need a break...

So this is what has been going on with me most every night now. I did have two good nights until I had a Taco Bell tortilla and that tore my stomach up again. :(

I haven't been on the dietary supplement even for a week yet, so I'm sure this is going to take a long time.

Would love to hear how you have been doing.

Love,
    Faye
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

Gee, I hate to hear what trouble your stomach has been giving you.

I've not heard of the dietary supplement, sublingual. What is it supposed to do for you?

I'm like you, I will do anything to try and avoid a hospital stay! When I'm in the hospital, it's ususally because of my heart which means so many blood tests, etc. I'm a really hard stick and just hate IV's and blood work!

I think I remember you saying on a post, or reply, about the American Idol, I think, about you just had eaten Taco Bell! I thought when I read that, that you stomach troubles must have eased up, but I guessed wrong!

I just love Taco Bell and would hate not to be able to eat any of it!

I hope you're starting to heal up a little bit.

I'm still not doing very well. The pinched nerve in my back is still the same--causing me tremendous pain. I'm like you, I try not to take the Lortabs unless I really need them.

My pain and fatigue has gotten so bad that I hardly leave the house anymore. My heart problems have to do a lot with my fatigue, too.

My husband has even been making weekend trips to the grocery store--those "in-between" major shopping trips for milk, bread, etc. This is a first, too! He started going for me about 6 months ago. I guess he felt sorry for me when he would see me come home almost in tears and looking like death warmed over! He is really concerned about my heart problems.

He recently last week told me that I needed to dump my current Rheumy because he does nothing to help me! This was his first ever comment about any of my doctors and their care of me!! I was shocked! He has never once taken me to a doctor's appt. but listens to me tell my children on the phone what they have told me after my appointments.

Maybe he is changing ...... s l o w l y !!!!!!

Right now I have this numbing feeling in my neck and shoulders ... a really tingly feeling. This is new. Huh! Always something!

My PCP did make me an appt with a new rheumy that came to town--he's a foreigner--I just hope I can understand him. My PCP ask me if I had ever told my rheumy how badly that I really felt (because I gave my PCP an example) and I told him that he wouldn't care if I told him, so I never do, because all he tells me to do is exercise--and I physically can't do that at the present time. So the PCP told me that I needed to see another doc!

Everything else for me is about the same. Right now it's almost 6 pm on Sat. and I haven't even thought about fixing something to eat for our supper and my hubby has been just watching TV all afternoon and never makes an attempt to fix anything. So, I'm going to have to get off the net and fix something--he'll get all upset because it's not going to be much.

All he thinks about is eating big meals--he wants a full course meal every evening and I just can't do it. In fact, I'm thinking a frozen pizza for tonight!!!! That will certainly ruffle his feathers!!! LOL

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

What did you think about those who got kicked off Am. Idol?

Much Love,
    Janet
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Janet,
    The supplement was CoQ10 and it was really helping me with energy, but tore my esophagus up and stomach. It has been over a week since I stopped it and I am just now starting to feel better.

I'm glad your husband is becoming sympathetic to your problems and trying to help. I know it is hard on them, but what about us? If we can't do it what do they want us to do?

I think you need to see another doc too and I'm glad you are seeing a new rheumy. Let us know how that visit goes.

I've never seen one and to be honest I hope I don't have to.

I don't have any problems with the people who have been kicked off of American Idol so far. Tonight I voted for Lisa--03. Something happened to our FOX on cable and we lost the sound and picture for a few seconds. Then when it came back on it looked funny and the sound was weird in places, even on the commercials. I don't know if that was our local station or national.

Sorry I missed your post. The board goes so fast I just can't keep up.

Big hugs,
    Faye
    Thanks fight for the bump. :)
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

When I answered your post the last time, I told you it was 6 pm and that I was just going to put in a frozen pizza for supper. Well, it DID ruffle my husband's feathers - A LOT!!!

I guess he had worked hard that day and he got quite upset that I had been on the computer "for all afternoon" and did not "bother" to fix any supper! He said he refused to eat frozen pizza.

When I asked him if he would drive in to town and pick up a pizza for Giovanni's - a local pizza place - he said that he would. I was really surprised at that, because it is a 20 min. drive into town to get to it and I know he was really tired. The minute he got home with it, he ate some and went straight to bed. He was most definitely an unhappy camper that night!!! Oh well, you win some and you lose some!! LOL

How is your stomach doing? Better I hope.

I didn't vote for anyone for American Idol tonight. After the show, I went straight into the kitchen to clean it up and forgot all about it! I thought Paris, Lisa, Mandesia, and Kelly did well tonight. In fact, I think most of them did pretty good. I'm going to have to write their names down to remember the rest of them! I can remember most of the guys' names but not the girls' for some reason!

Can't wait to see the guys sing tomorrow!!

BTW, on another post where someone had just put up her pic, you answered and said that you also had put a new pic in your profile. I checked it out, and wow, it is lovely!! You looked so beautiful all dressed up! I think you said you were on your way to a shower. Just wanted to tell you what a good picture that you took! Since I quit work, the only time that I get dressed up now is when I go to the doctor!! LOL

Hope you are having a good week!

Big hugs,
    Janet
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Janet,
    My husband does the cooking so I don't have to worry with what you go through. I'd go nuts if I had to fix a balanced dinner every single night. I think I would go to frozen meals. lol

My stomach is doing lots better now. I guess that supplement and my stress problems and stomach ones just didn't go well. I now have B-12 here to take sublingually, but I'm going to wait until after the wedding to start on those. I want to be 100% okay when I do. I surely need something for energy.

I voted for Katherine and Lisa tonight on American Idol. I know that 2 women and 2 men are going home. I hope it isn't Elliott from VA.

Yeah, I finally lost a few pounds and husband got a decent photo of me and I put it up on the board. I don't take a good photo and I have a fat face (among other things).

I did feel bad because the other photo I had up for so long was from back in 2001.

Big hugs,
    Faye
    I'm hungry, but I know if I go down to get something to eat, my stomach will kill me and it isn't worth it this time of night to go through all of that pain.