job interview today-having panic attack

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daylight, Oct 2, 2006.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

and I'm in so much pain that I can't move very well. The rain came in and I'm so very sore and stiff. I also have a bad sinus infection. What do I do now? I need a job. My interview is at 7pm tonight. I just canceled my SDI and I'm going to apply for unemployment today. The SDI office said that I should go to the Dept. of Rehabilitation for help and re-training. When I called they said that they only have classes Monday mornings and that the next class won't be until the 16th of this month.
    What do I do? Should I except a job that only will pay 7.50 to 8.00 an hr. p/t 24 hr.wk. not know if the job will last? And how do I support my family on that? I've got two teenaged daughters . My husband does help but we need the extra income.
    I'm just having a slight panic attack.
    Our rent just increased to 1160.00 a month it's due no later than tomorrow.We are just about out of everything in the apt.. We can't borrow any more from our family because their hurting to. And know I have to tell my husband that I need re-training to be able to hold on to a job? He's not talking to me now,he's not going to understand.
    Two day ago I tried to see if I could handle physical work. So I deep cleaned my whole kitchen top to bottom,oven,fridge. everything. My hand and feet turned the color of denim blue.I hurt so bad. My ankle feels and looks like I rolled it.
    This is so hard to cope with. How do people do it?
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2006]
  2. TerryS

TerryS Member

I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry for all your pain and troubles. I will say a prayer for you.

I've just been diagnosed with FM myself and am trying to deal with the chronic fatigue I seem to have. Been out of work for 6-1/2 weeks and don't know what to tell my employer.

Hope someone else has some good advice for you.

TerryS
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

daylight:

Originally SSA sent me to Voc-Rehab who sent me to five doctors for various evaluations.

The end result: i was turned down as too sick to work.

I got the SSD.

So, it might be routine to be sent for something like that.

I would not get too discouraged about it.

Also I had a doctor verify that I could not work.

Good luck with it and I hope all works out well for you.

nyrofan
  4. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

I'm sorry that you are going through such a rough time.
    My prayers will be with you. Good Luck.
    Kayleen
  5. daylight

daylight New Member

I'm going to taking a small amount of xanax though.There's not much that I can do for the pain,I can drive on pain killers. I guess it just wait and see what happens. My hopes aren't up to high. This job is usually low pay.
    My husband will be home soon and really not looking forward to tell him what SDI said about re-training. I know that it is a good program but it takes a long time to get approved and trained and in the meantime I'll be only getting around 160.00 a week in unemployment after taxes.
    Well I will try my best to do good at the interview. I tried to cover the dark circles under my eyes so maybe he won't question me to much about my health.
    Thank you all for caring.