Job interview--unusually nervous

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Hi everyone! I finally have a job interview tomorrow. I am feeling SOOOOOO nervous about this I can't stand it. Years ago, I went to school to become a court reporter, I dropped out of the field after one year because I couldn't stand being an independent contractor. After working 12 years in other types of office work, I saw an ad in the paper for clerical work at a court reporting firm. I figured since it was in my field, I might as well call about it. The hours are part time from 12:00 to 5:00 which are wonderful, but I'm afraid they will ask me why I didn't continue court reporting in the first place. I found that working as a reporter was too stressful for me, but I couldn't tell them that. Maybe working behind the scenes in that field would be better. My family is happy that they called me to interview, but I'm too anxious to be happy about it. Sorry to ramble like this, just need to get it off my chest. Hugs, Chelz
  2. Takesha

Takesha New Member

Just be yourself. And if they ask you why you left that field just tell them "you wanted to broaden your knowledge and work expierence and now your coming back to what you really love to do"! I wish you the best of luck.
    Takesha
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I wish you all the best!!!! I have my first job interview in 13 years tomorrow, too, so I can relate. I quit work 11 years ago to raise my daughter fulltime. Have only had FM for the past 4 years, so I didn't quit because of that, but it made it hard to want to go back. Been doing much better for the last 6-7 months FM-wise, so it seemed like time. I'm real nervous, too, but excited all the same. Don't know if my years away will disqualify me (compared to other, younger applicants) but I have a lot of relevant prior experience.

I'm sorry, I meant to cheer you on, mainly, not turn this around to discuss me. I'm rooting for you, sounds like your family is in your court, too---be confident of your skills, & know everyone here is pulling for you, too!! Let us know how it goes; knock 'em dead!

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Hi Pam, I wish you all the luck on your interview as well. Going to an interview after not working for so long is TOUGH. I am feeling really fatigued today probably from getting up earlier and going through the job process. Let me know how it goes for you and the best of luck. Hugs, Chelz.