Job interview - Update. THANK YOU ALL FOR RESPONDING.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Hi everyone, Thanks so much for your support, I appreciate it. This interview was so draining for me. I forgot to mention that it was downtown. I should have taken this into consideration, but I was desperate at this point. It went okay, two of the women who work there went to school with me in this field. I felt kind of bad because they are making the money and working as reporters and I would just be a detail person. I know, I shouldn't think of that, but it kind of depressed me.

The one bad thing about it is that I would have to deliver transcripts around downtown. This scares me because of my fatigue and problems getting confused in large cities. It doesn't pay much, but the owner would give me a monthly bus pass. I couldn't afford to pay the very high parking on a part time income. The office was small and kind of close knit, I feel like I wouldn't really belong. My father just thinks I'm too negative, and maybe I am, but my anxiety level is really high about this. The owner is calling me tomorrow, and I don't know what to say, it's too soon to make a decision. Thanks for your support. Hugs, Chelz.
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm glad things went OK; I know what you mean about being able to actually perform all the functions the job, I have nervousness about that, too. But it all may go better than you think; I always tend to look at the negative side, too (I'm the glass-half-empty person!) when usually things go better than that in reality. I hope everything works out for you; I wouldn't have any angst about the being just a support person; the other women you knew in school may be making more $$ but probably deal with more pressure, too, than you need in your life right now.

I wish you the best of luck in this whole thing; it's scary, I know. My interview went well, just waiting to hear, too.

((Hugs)),
    Pam