Job interview, wish me luck...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dolsgirl, May 1, 2003.

1. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I have a job interview tomorrow for a surgery scheduler, which I think I could handle. Wish me luck! And thanks in advance. dolsgirl
  2. southstars_tat2s

southstars_tat2s New Member

I have a job interview tomorrow too...working in a pet store. I love animals, and have done that type work before, maybe I can handle it now that I'm sick, I hope so. Good luck for both of us:)
  3. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

and I hope you both come home with the jobs. It is often very tricky trying to find something that won't exasperate our illness and still pay enough to make the whole venture worthwhile. Please keep us "posted" on your outcomes as we surely could use the good news! Love, Rebel
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

....for both of you!! I hope you both have excellent interviews & get these jobs-----please let us know how you make out....

Best of luck,
    Pam
  5. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Wishing you both success in your endeavors---knock their socks off! Keep us posted.
    LL
  6. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I'm sure that southstars is hoping as well as I that we'll receive good news. I'll keep you updated and thank-you so much. dolsgirl
  7. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I've had much better interviews. The office manager, even initially didn't seem receptive. It's very hard to change from a nursing postition to a non-nursing postition. She questioned it & I told her that I have fibromyalgia and if did effect me very negatively and I have to look for a job that I can physically handle.

She did say that she has others including present employees that are looking to move into this position. Got a bad vibe from her. The present surgery scheduler isn't leaving, they simply need two now because of the size of their practice. I think the other surgery scheduler & I would get along fine. What I didn't feel was appropriate was that the office manager kept her in the room the entire time including the time we discussed salary. I don't think anyone except your boss should know what you're being paid. It never does ANY good for employees to know what any other is making.

So, it doesn't look good. If it is meant to be, it will. If it isn't it won't.

So how did our other interviewer do at the pet shop? dolsgirl
  8. southstars_tat2s

I aced it:eek:). I was so worried. The manager said I was just what he wanted to work there. He said he was extremely impressed with my experience on my resume'( I have a small "zoo" ay my houseLOL). He called the assistant manager up to talk to me and she offered me the job on the spot. I have part-time hours right now..17-20 hours a week,and the pay is awlful..but I think I will be able to do it.I got good "vibes" from everyone there,including the couple other employees working. I have to drive 35 miles to work everyday,but I think that will be alright,most of it is interstate. I stayed there about an hour to walk around and get a "feel" of the place. I liked what I saw,and think I can handle working there.No heavy lifting,etc.Plus I get to play with all those cute puppies!
  9. southstars_tat2s

I forgot to mention that since I got this job now,I am calling SSA and cancelling my disability claim I have going on. I just don't have the luxury of being able to wait it out..every bill was behind bad.I have no living family,and husband is out of work also,so I had no choice. Good luck to you..Iknow it's hard as hell to find a decent non-stressful job nowadays.
  10. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

hEY THERE DOLSGIRL SORRY THAT YOUR INTERVIEW DID NOT GO AS YOU WOULD HAVE LIKED, BUT IT SOUNDS A LOT LIKE ONE OF THOSE SITUATIONS THAT YOU DON'T NEED. yOU ARE CORRECT IN THINKING
    THAT IT WAS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR THE OTHER PERSON TO BE PRESENT DURING THE INTERVIEW UNLESS THE OTHER PERSON WAS TO BE YOUR SUPERVISOR. yOU MOST DEFINITELY HAVE THE RIGHT ATTITUDE IF IT IS TO BE IT WILL BE & IF NOT IT WON'T. tHE RIGHT JOB FOR YOU WILL SHOW ITSELF , i PRAY IT WILL BE SOON.
    kEEP YOUR SPIRITS UP AND KEEP US POSTED,OK?

SOUTHSTARS CONGRATS AND i HOPE THE JOB WORKS OUT GREAT FOR YOU. i DON'T ENVY YOU THE DRIVE BUT i KNOW THAT IT IS JUST NECESSARY SOMETIMES. kEEP US POSTED ON HOW IT GOES, OK?

LOVE Rebel
  11. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

You can now earn up to $800 while on Disability and since you are working only part-time at a lower pay, you will need all the resources you can get. Just keep the SSDI application in and see where it goes for you.

Dolsgirl -

I am sorry, but I'm glad you felt the instincts that this was not the right thing for you. It doesn't sound like they were very accommodating and even more the manager acted a little discriminatory, in my opinion.

Lane
  12. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I'm happy that yours is going to be your dream job! Good for you. I think that you should keep your SSDI application in also, just in case. They move at a slow pace anyway.

I'm know that the right one will come around when it's time. It's good that you got a feel for the place. Those gut feelings are very important. You go girlfriend! dolsgirl

[ advertisement ]