Job Layoff CFS and Husband's business collapsed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cupimick, Oct 21, 2002.

1. cupimick

cupimick Member

Hi Shirl and friends,

Sorry for not posting its just been very stressful lately and haven't been feeling well , you guys were so supportive when I first posted but I hated to sound like a broken record., Well, despite the intense muscle pain and fatigue that is a part of my daily life I was managing to work full time putting in many hours, felt that it would be appreciated in the end. Well,my boss really rewarded me she told me I was being Rif'd (reduction in Force). That was 10/9, I was so upset since, I had been working 60 hours a weeek doing all these projects and even gave up my bday a week b4 since, so I made work the priority/not thinking of myself and that's how they stuck it to me. I worked for a telecom company and there were about 300 people let go, but in my dept, the people I trained that were in the cliche didn't lose their jobs . It really frosts my cookies that all my hard work and dedication meant nothing its strictly politics. I feel used and abused and as you know it has done nothing but made the CFS worse. but in life they say that which does not kill you makes you stronger. I cried a lot the first week but no more, I am not wasting any more of my precious life on those people , they don't matter. I have been pumping out resumes and I hope that I will soon be able to post that I have found a new job , and one where I am appreciated. My hubby found a job , pay is not good but its a job. Sorry, for not posting sooner, well that is it for me. I am about to take a few more Advils since, I've already taken the max of the lortabs , I am still using the magnesium, and malic acid but I am sure with all this stress its hard to tell if its helping. Well, I know I tend to write a book, sorry!! but just wanted to keep you all updated.

Hugs,

Deanna
  2. cupimick

cupimick Member

Hi Shirl and friends,

Sorry for not posting its just been very stressful lately and haven't been feeling well , you guys were so supportive when I first posted but I hated to sound like a broken record., Well, despite the intense muscle pain and fatigue that is a part of my daily life I was managing to work full time putting in many hours, felt that it would be appreciated in the end. Well,my boss really rewarded me she told me I was being Rif'd (reduction in Force). That was 10/9, I was so upset since, I had been working 60 hours a weeek doing all these projects and even gave up my bday a week b4 since, so I made work the priority/not thinking of myself and that's how they stuck it to me. I worked for a telecom company and there were about 300 people let go, but in my dept, the people I trained that were in the cliche didn't lose their jobs . It really frosts my cookies that all my hard work and dedication meant nothing its strictly politics. I feel used and abused and as you know it has done nothing but made the CFS worse. but in life they say that which does not kill you makes you stronger. I cried a lot the first week but no more, I am not wasting any more of my precious life on those people , they don't matter. I have been pumping out resumes and I hope that I will soon be able to post that I have found a new job , and one where I am appreciated. My hubby found a job , pay is not good but its a job. Sorry, for not posting sooner, well that is it for me. I am about to take a few more Advils since, I've already taken the max of the lortabs , I am still using the magnesium, and malic acid but I am sure with all this stress its hard to tell if its helping. Well, I know I tend to write a book, sorry!! but just wanted to keep you all updated.

Hugs,

Deanna
  3. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

That's alot all at once. Do take care.
  4. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

you really have had a rough time of it, lately! From the sounds of it though, you have now completed the grieving process, and have a great plan of action. I am glad to hear you say you have dismissed all the stressful anxieties and closed that chapter of the book. Keep churning out those resumes--and don't be surprised if something even more wonderful than your last job...comes your way--where you will be appreciated!
    Best Wishes,
    Karen
  5. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

luck on the job search and hope all gets better real soon, Kim and Gary
  6. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Hi Deanna,
    It sounds like you have the right attitude to be an asset to any business. You should find the right position sooner than you expect. Keep us posted & keep your chin up. Everything will work out.
    Kathryn
  7. allhart

allhart New Member

im sending hugs and prayers your way also go to pray board and post your message you need all the support you can get hope soon things will get better,
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hope you are able to find another job, but I hope you can scale back on the stress, the work, and the hours. In the end, all it does is make us worse. I know because I worked myself into the ground and now cannot work at all.

BTW, you are entitled to unemployment insurance. Perhaps, if possible, this would be a good time to give yourself a little break for a couple of weeks.

Love, Mikie
  9. pamela

pamela New Member

I HAVE BEEN IN YOUR SITUATION WAY TO MANY TIMES. SOMETIMES I THINK BETWEEN ALL THE EMPLOYERS I HAVE WORKED FOR THAT WERE DIRTY IN THAT RESPECT AND MY WRECK AND STRESS OF IT ALL I WONDER IF THAT DID NOT HELP BRING ON THE FMS IN ME!!!!! IT BITES REALLY HARD WHEN YOUR TREATED LIKE THAT, BUT JUST STAND UP TALLER AND WALK AWAY. USUALLY WHEN PEOPLE DO UNDER HANDED THINGS TO GOOD PEOPLE IT ALWAYS COMES BACK ON THEM TEN FOLD!!! JUST REMEMBER WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. I KNOW YOU'LL FIND SOMETHING AS YOU SOUND LIKE A DEVOTED EMPLOYEE. JUST REMEMBER NEXT TIME NOT TO LET ANYONE OVER WORK YOU. NO ONE APPRECIATES THE "ABOVE AND BEYOND" TYPE OF WORKER ANYMORE. DO WHAT YOUR HIRED TO DO AND IF YOU HAVE TO DO A LITTLE MORE OKAY, BUT DON'T KILL YOURSELF WHILE YOUR DOING IT. HANG IN THERE!!! PAMELA
  10. lavender_butterfly

lavender_butterfly New Member

Spring of 2001, my husband went into the hospital to have emergency surgery and almost died. It was horrifying, as I am sure you can imagine. Our hospitals were going through a nursing strike at the time and my husband needed almost full time care after he came home. There were four days (actually six, counting the weekend) that I had to care for him by myself, before a nurse was available to give him in home care.

I ended up taking four days off from work for that reason. I had not taken any time off yet that year and I had been with the company for almost three years. When I returned to work, I was treated with a great deal of hostility. I was so angry because other people had taken time off for their spouses during times of trouble. Not to mention the Family Leave Act. The week after I returned, I overheard my boss talking about firing me because I was putting my family before my job!! Can you believe that? I was OUTRAGED to say the least. I had given and given and given to them, until it hurt. Before I came along, there was no one who would stick around for longer than a month or two. In fact, many of the people they hired would work for a half a day, go to lunch, and not come back! But I stuck it out for almost three years and went above and beyond the call of duty.

I quit the next day. I sent my boss an email from home on that Friday and went out job hunting on that Monday. I thought that he didn't deserve to even hear it from me in person. It took a little time, but two weeks later, I found my current job. I LOVE it here. For the most part, I am treated with a great deal of respect and understanding. They are even understanding about my FMS! The best part...I am cherished here. On a daily basis, I hear from someone who is thankful for what I do or who tells me that I am irreplaceable.

I thank the stars above that I had the courage to quit. I found a great job where I am appreciated. People here actually care about me and look after me. And the really amazing part is that I work for a huge corporation!! The job I left was a tiny, family owned and run business. So that sort of disgusting behavior happens not only in huge corporations, but little businesses as well.

I just wanted to let you know that good things can come from bad things. There is hope for you! Not only that, but people do get what they deserve. When I was working for that little business, I was doing the work of three people. They had to hire three people to replace me and they haven't been able to keep any of those positions filled for longer than six months. I have heard that the company is nearly bankrupt as well. Karma works in mysterious ways!!

Best of luck to you and yours. Just try to keep your chin up! This will get better!

11. cupimick

cupimick Member

Your post really made my day. So glad that someoene else knows can relate. Sounds like you have your dream job. I am keeping positive and hope I hope I will find one like yours.

Fondly,

Deanna