Job situation

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by readalot, Oct 2, 2004.

1. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,

I am really sad today. Don't feel up to much of anything.

Talk around work this week is that people are going to be laid off. The work is slowing down. I hope I don't lose my job. I just started in August. Still struggling along. Having income cut off will be devastating. Even though it hasn't happened yet, it is heavy on my mind. I am alone, and it makes it really hard. Please pray for me, that things will work out.

May God bless you all, and keep you each day.

readalot
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Praying that you can keep your job. I can`t tell you the number of times the work slowed down for me and I thought I was going to get laid off. But then it would get really busy again and we`d be working overtime. I hope that happens for you (well maybe not the overtime part..lol).

Wishing you a good weekend. Don`t worry my friend, God will take care of us.

Sandy

3. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,

I do production work. It is with a company that helps people with disabilities. They have contracts with other companies that produce items. Some of the work is sent over for us to do. One of the companies is pulling out. Another is slowing down. Another is still working on the contract terms. I am not sure on that. It look like it will be likely that people will be laid off. But if the one that is working on the contract gets things rolling, or/and if there is more work in some other ways, there may not be layoffs. It just that people were talking about it. One lady was like a prophet of doom. It is basicly in the back of my mind, that it could happen. It hasn't, so I can't act like it did. If it does, I will call my Voc. Rehab. counselor. I should be hearing from SSA soon to see what they decide. It is hard on me with this hanging over my head. I do pray about it.

I should be able to get unemployment also. But I would have to look for work.

I have been praying that somehow I won't lose my job. I need to work a fourth day, but I don't know if that will be possible right now. I just need to get good news from SSA.

Thanks again for replying. I hope and pray that you will have a good weekend, and that things will work out for you both.

May God bless you, and keep you each day.

readalot
  4. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,

It has been rough this week. I haven't heard anything from work, that there is layoffs. I don't work until Wednesday. I feel forgotten and alone. Need to find where I feel that I belong.

Hoping and praying that things will be better. I just don't know what to think anymore.

May God bless you, and keep you each day.

readalot
  5. jill5050

jill5050 New Member

Please know that you are not alone. Just try and stay positive. Some people like to be doomsayers- it gets them more attention. For some people negative attention is better than no attention.

Keep praying on the situation. If you do get laid off, then know it will be an openning for something better to happen for you. You will be taken care of! You are not alone!

I will pray for you. Dear Lord, please reach down and touch readalot, let her know that she is not alone. That you are always there for her. That you always provide for your sheep. You are the good shepard. We are always in your loving grace. Lord, please reassure Readalot as often as she needs it. You know the needs of our hearts Lord, please guide her and love her. I pray these things in your name, AMEN!

blessings,
    Carlie
  6. dash

dash New Member

I am praying that you do not loose your job and that your financial situation improves.

Della
  7. hotfoot

hotfoot New Member

Hi Readalot I'm pretty new here but I want you to know I'll be praying for your situation too.That God will supply all your needs acording to his riches in glory.I pray the Holy Sprit will fill you with more love and knowlege of the Lord,and His prence will take away fear,an d lonlieness.The father would show you He is a Father who cares and loves you, and there are people here who know your phyical pain & spritual and we all lift you up to God!Be Blessed-hotfoot