JODIEPLACE.... wow, you reminded me of this...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by saphire27, Mar 1, 2006.

1. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

When i was in fith grade, i was running threw the field trying to catch up to my big brother, and i collapsed.

My right leg gave out, it hurt so bad. A few days of not believing me, my mom then took me to dr , he said i had OSGOOD syndrome, put me in a leg brace for a few months, something to do with my kneecap. wow,

Whats the chance of that happening to my kids? I guess mine was severe huh? I wasn't allow to do any phsical activities for months. What did dr say to you?

Thanks, Saph
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

no braces for cody, they will out grow it...and his father had it as well..the extra boney growth pops up under nerves that are running down thet leg...

his dr.'s wrote note for school that when ever he needed to walk instead of run that he would be allowed to stop...
    he needed to take motrin and ice it down when as needed...roller hockey was great for him he still got exercise and it was a gliding movement...

you need to keep these children active so many are so overweight now days...the did mention a possible surgery to scrape off the extra calcium deposit but really don't like to do that...

cody is fine his father is fine....and i have known other people that had it as well...it is just until their growth slows they will befine...

but first take your daughter to the dr's to find out if she has it...

jodie