Join: "Daily Worldwide Prayer for ME/CFS/FM"

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Elisa, May 22, 2010.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

(* I posted this on the CFS/FM board too)

Hi,

I would like to organize a one-minute prayer everyday to ask God for the cause(s)and cure(s) for our illnesses.

Here is what inspired me:

"Someone has said if we really understood the full extent of the
    power we have available through prayer, we might be speechless.
    Did you know that during WWII there was an advisor to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every day at a prescribed hour for one minute to collectively pray for the
    safety of England , its people and peace?"

I'd like your help to do this...

If you would like to participate: Every evening at (9:00 PM Eastern Time)
    (8:00 PM Central) (7:00 PM Mountain) (6:00 PM Pacific), stop whatever
    you are doing and spend one minute praying

You can post below - if you want to to show your interest or remain anonymous - either way God will know...

I know I need God's help and I want so badly to find the cause and cure so that we can go forward and stop the suffering.

God Bless,

Elisabeth

[This Message was Edited on 05/25/2010]
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Excellent - excellent - excellent!

I wrote out a card to put up on my door to remind me. I can't always be awake because of CFS exhaustion, but will surely pray at 9:00pm my time every time possible.

I love your story of Churchill's advisor - and the subsequent prayer force. I've heard many, many similar stories, and totally believe.

Even non-religious people like Larry Dossey have conducted tests comparing patients that are prayed for, and those who are not.

Wonderful plan.

Judy

3. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Judy

Thanks so much - I'm excited about it. I set my phone alarm for 9 PM (on on eastern standard time) to help me remember.

We can pray for a cause and a cure and for those suffering now!

Made a facebook page for our prayer group too:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Daily-Worldwide-Prayer-for-MECFSFM/123675807654046

Let me know if the link doesn't work...

Thanks for the support!

God Bless,

Elisabeth

[This Message was Edited on 05/23/2010]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/23/2010]
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

I'm excited too - and have a feeling of deep well-being that this is happening.

Just the note on my door, and then setting my alarm clock timer worked to remind me.

Yes, it was in my heart to pray for exactly what you were focusing on.

I'm not on Facebook now - had some personal problems there.

But I can ask a friend to check out your link.

So glad you started this.

Judy

5. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Judy!

I feel the same way - it just feels right - there is so little I can do and this feels good to pray for a cause, a cure and for all in our community and worldwide suffering from this - for healing.

I also felt a little less alone when I kneeled to pray - like I was in a special church for all of us.

Thank you again for your support and encouragement.

Don't worry about Facebook - its just another way to get the message out there. It did have 5 people sign up in support already - which are 5 more people praying with us - I think that's great!

God Bless,

Elisabeth
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi - I'm so loving the daily prayer. It's a time of clarity, focus and gives meaning to my day! Especially when I'm having a difficult, struggling day.

A friend from this board sent me the Facebook page 'Daily Worldwide Prayer for ME/CFS/FM'. Very encouraging.

And I'm so glad that 5 more people joined. A little cluster of people praying can do great things.

Did you start the whole thing?

Blessings, Judy

7. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi!

I'm enjoying it too. I think of each person praying with me - its encouraging.

I started the facebook page in hopes to spread the word about our prayer.

Yes, I started it but more likely God started it because I have been crying out to Him a lot - so maybe it was His "quiet whisper" to me that gave me the idea- but I was inspired from a similar group that prayed for England under Churchill's direction during the war.

Also, it helps me alot because I otherwise feel so helpless to change my situation and sad for the many others that have these illnesses - this helps me feel like I am doing something important.

Thanks for your encouragement and its great to know that others are continuing to pray - I am - I look forward to it.

Thanks again Judy!

God Bless,

Elisabeth
    [This Message was Edited on 05/28/2010]
  8. jole

jole Member

I haven't been here for a few months now, but am back and saw your post. Add me to your list of prayer warriors, please? I've read the story about Churchill before, and thought how wonderful that was!

Our numbers may be small now, but I'll bet we'll be growing soon...........hugs......Jole

9. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Jole!

Thank you so much for being part of the prayer group.

I added you to my list - I pray for the people on the list too!

Thanks for the encouragement - it is really uplifting!

I hope our group grows to!

God Bless,

Elisabeth