Joint inflamation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nannoo, Jan 20, 2003.

1. nannoo

nannoo New Member

Can anyone help with this, or redirect me to another message board if not, please? My husband has CVID and consequently has a very depleted immune system. Recently for no obvious reason his joints started aching, one day it would be his hands, another his knees, or shoulders. His doctor put him on steroids and another drug which can also be used for lupus. He has been on the steroids (low dose) for 7 months now, but the doctor has suggested no other tests. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what he could do, or any tests he could suggest to the doctor? Or does anyone else have this problem? I am sure there is more that can be done, and I feel so frustrated.

Many thanks in advance for any help

2. catgal

catgal New Member

Hi Nannoo~~Seems like we don't know what CVID is. Did you mean CFIDS? If you could tell us what CVID is, then maybe we might be better able to help you.

Glad you could join us, and please feel free to ask all the questions you'd like. Carol...
  3. nannoo

nannoo New Member

Thank you all so much for your replies. CVID is Common Variable Immunodeficiency, nothing to do with AIDS, but a disease that effects the immune system - the body doesn't produce any antibodies. It's also known as Hypogammaglobulenemia! I wondered if anyone else suffered from joint problems here, and if so how they were diagnosed. Again, my thanks for all your help.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's strange that none of us has heard of this condition. It must be relatively rare. If Madwolf sees this, he may have some good input for you. I'm so sorry that your husband is suffering from this.

Love, Mikie
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hoping Madwolf will see this.

Love, Mikie
  6. nannoo

nannoo New Member

Thank you so much for your responses and your concern. If anyone else has any information on the tests and diagnosis of joint pain, it would be much appreciated.
  7. Reg1

Reg1 New Member

It may help you to look at my post on "Has anyone had this Shot". I got really good responses from Mikie and Madwolf on that subject.((((Gentle Hugs)))) Reg
    [This Message was Edited on 01/23/2003]
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

Hi, I am so sorry your hubby is so sick. I have the joint pain and immflammation to. My rheum dx me with RA and fibro. he put me on 10 mg of predinsone a day and it has made a world of difference. I did not test positive for RA but had all the symptoms. Only 80% of the people with RA have it show up in their blood. I don't know if it helps but at least ask his dr about the possibilty. Good luck and my prayers are with you. CB
  9. Jennifer

Jennifer New Member

I have had RA along with fibro since I was in my twenties. I am 59 now. All of my joints hurt. I take Relefen 750mg. 2times a day for RA and flexerilandLorazapam for fibro. I was on Prednisone for 3 wks while I was in a flare last yr. I felt great but dr. took me off of it as soon as I got better. I felt 20 yrs. younger when I was taking it. I have also had cortizone shots in shoulders, knees, and buttox They helped best in the shoulders, kept them from freezing up. Saved me from surgery. Take care, jennifer