joint pain.. what does this sound like?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BexinTex, Oct 15, 2008.

1. BexinTex

BexinTex New Member

I've had joint pain since I was atleast 14. I remember starting with severe ankle pain, then back, wrist, shoulder, hip.. neck.

As an adult, it comes & goes. it'll be very sharp pain, dull... or just ache. I've been tested for RA, Lupus & Lymes, all were negative.

I haven't brought this up to my fibromyalgia doctor as I'm unsure if it's a rheumatoid, orthopedic or ... what issue.

Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone??

Thanks in advance!
  2. akandmk

akandmk New Member

I have FM and sometimes I've noticed that my joints do ache or hurt. I just figured it was part of the FM. Try taking some SAM-E ( I think i spelled that right). It really does help with the joint pain and also an added benefit is it helps with mood too. You can find it in the walgreens store. I hope that this helps a little bit.
  3. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Oh yeah, I have this pain as well. In fact, I'm waiting on the results for the RA and Lupus tests I just had. I think it is a part of FM though. Lots of people on this board have joint pain. Search for "Joint pain" and you'll find lots of others commenting on it.

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. You should tell your FM doctor. He/She will not be surprised.

Wendysj
  4. BexinTex

BexinTex New Member

thanks for the responses. I did some searching online - even about theories behind pain. One site recommended unsweetened grapefruit juice, I guess I can give that a shot - along with the Sam-E until my next appointment.

I'm sure as alot of you feel- its all so frustrating.
  5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I've had what I thought was joint pain, but what turned about to be what is actually around the joints.

My knees were my first real pain. I KNEW there was something wrong with them. Nope.

When my fibro pain is pain, it's my knees, hips, elbows, wrists.
    You may however have real joint issues going on, so don't ignore it. It's so hard to decipher what's what with this dd.