Joint Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fairydust39, Oct 19, 2005.

1. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Hi All,
    Well I started Menostar Patches 4 months ago. I have had so much relief from bone and joint pain with this. It's the very lowest dose Estrogen patch available . It's about the size of a dime and I change it once a week.

The Dose is so low that you don't need to take Progesterone, only once a year.

It has helped me more than Actonel,Fosamax,etc. I tried just removing the patch for one day and the next day I could hardly walk. I came out of our garage and almost fell. My leg went numb and tingly.

The 1st week you see a little difference, 2nd week is better,and so on. Now I am almost pain free. I still have stiffness but just in the morning and then it's better.

It does not start your period if you are menopausal,like some Estrogen does. It is considered safe for any one, with or without a Uterus.

I thought I'd let you all know about my progress with this low dose Estrogen and maybe it would help someone else.
    Shirley
  2. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Thank you carebear13, I really appeciate your prayers b/c he needs them very much. He still is on shaky ground mentally. I am also very depressed. Need your prayer too.
    Thank you 2painful4words, I think the major difference in this patch and other Estrogen patches is the very very small doseage. So it takes a little longer to work but not as dangerous like the larger doseage and also if you have reached menopause--it won't start your periods again. But it has eased my pain soooo much. I didn't realize how much it was helping me until I removed the patch and didn't replace it. Do a Google search om "Menostar Patches" and you will find some great info.
    Hugs Shirley