Joint pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shashi, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Shashi

Shashi New Member

I haven't been diagnosed yet, but I am wondering if you have joint pain with FM. The joints in my left elbow and my right hand have been very painful and stiff for over a month now, and my left arm feels weak.

Is this typical?
  2. Shashi

Shashi New Member

Can anyone answer my question?

Thanks and hugs,

3. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

My joints and muscles hurt, but I have fibro and arthritis and sometimes I cannot tell which is which.

I think the muscles in the joint area sometimes make it feel as though it is the joint.
  4. erinwilburn

erinwilburn New Member

i would have it checked out. is the pain only in one side? does your arm have a diffrent temp than the rest of your body? maybe look into RSD and Carpeltunnel.

i do have pain in my joints due to RA. there are some simple tests that help you find out and your PCP can do them.

i hope you find some answers soon.
  5. homesheba

homesheba New Member

my joints hurt to the touch...
    i also have poly migrtory arthritis due to crohns and all the steriods
    i had to be on for years, and years,
    but oh man!!!
    my joints hurt like crazy.
    i am so sorry for you hon and
    hopefully they will give you a antiflamation
    or something that will help.
  6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I have always described much of my pain/stiffness etc in my knees, elbows etc as joint pain. But I've found out, that it's not really in the joint, but in every area arount the joint - probably feels the same though.

It used to be very hard for me to decipher exactly where the pain was. I used to say it was in my bones. It really isn't, but boy it sure feels like it. My muscle pain - well that's easy to tell! LOL I had a very weak left arm as well. (noticably - I couldn't raise it as high as my right)

What you're feeling, can be very typical. Have you had any testing done to rule out any other issues that might be going on with your elbow and hand? You might want to make sure that nothing else is going on with that first.

Do you have any other symptoms? Are you trying to find a diagnosis for Fibro? or trying to find out more specifically what is wrong with your elbow/hand/arm etc.