joint pain

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by kellyann, Apr 19, 2006.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

How many have pain in their joints? I have severe pain in almost every joint in my body. I can barely stand it. I feel like I am getting worse. I do go to the FFC in Marietta. I am on tons of medicines and supplements. I don't know how much longer I can deal with this. I have already been in pain for so long. It is not getting any better, just hurts more every day. Dr says it will take at least a year to get well, I don't really believe it. The pain started in my knees years ago. It progressed up to my hips and back. Next was my shoulders, neck, and jaw. Now this month it has moved down from my shoulders into my elbows, wrists, and hands. My hands get so swollen, hot, and painful lately. I don't know what to do.
    Kellyann
  2. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi Kellyann,
    Sorry to hear about your pain. I also have severe joint pain. Mostly my knees, shoulders and thumbs/hands. The only thing that ever helped me was Bextra...then they took it off the market.

I think that me joint pain has gotten progressively worse and there is never any specific reason that they hurt. I could see if I was doing a lot of yard work or painting. Sometimes it hurts so much just to raise my arms and shoulders to comb my hair. Burning, hot pain, is that what you have? Also my back and elbows get this pain too.

I am seeing a Lyme doctor may 10th, I have yet to be diagnosed with Lyme only Fibro and OA. But I really think that my arthritis is Lyme related. Have you been diagnosed with Lyme?

I guess I am not much help, only wanted to let you know that I have the same. Take care.
    Mindy
  3. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Kelly I hear ya on the pain. The LLMD put me on celebrex but that doesn't cut it. Also I've been waking up during the night with drenching night sweats. Doctor said could be co-infection babs. My skin is burning. Really sore. Neck, shoulders, back legs bad.
    Cindy
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Mindy the pain is burning and hot. I have been diagnoised with Lyme disease, about six months ago. Probably have had it for a long time. I am on high doses of amoxicillin and ciprofloxacin, both antibiotics. Dr said I am feeling worse because of die-off of the Lyme. I just wish I would start feeling even a little better. And yes, I do get bad night sweats too.
    I wish there was an easier way to get cured of this awful disease!

Take Care and I pray you both are feeling better!

Kellyann