joke for today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bevy2most, May 7, 2008.

1. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

The Lone Ranger and Tonto went camping in the desert. After they
    >got their tent all set up, both men fell sound asleep. Some hours
    > later, Tonto wakes the Lone Ranger and says, "Kemo Sabe, look
    >towards sky, what you see?
    > The Lone Ranger replies, "I see millions of stars.
    > "What that tell you?" asked Tonto.
    > The Lone Ranger ponders for a minute then says, "Astronomically
    > speaking, it tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially
    >billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in
    > Leo. Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three
    >in the morning. Theologically, the Lord is all-powerful and we are
    > small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a
    > beautiful day tomorrow. What's it tell you, Tonto?"
    > "You dumber than buffalo shi%. It means someone stole the tent."

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Ancient lore from Tonto.

You ever wonder why he was called the Lone Ranger? I mean, wasn't Tonto his long-time companion?

3. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Funneeee! Thanks for the laugh!

4. victoria

victoria New Member

I think -IF my memory serves me right - this was the joke voted as 'the funniest' in some public contest, somewhere?... LOL, that's all I remember!

5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Reminds me of the one where a new Chief, who does not really know that much about his tribal ways gets elected.

The younger tribe members come to him and ask how much wood to chop , will it be a harsh winter?

I will speak with the Big Chief in the sky and tell you later, the new chief says.

Not knowing what the heck to do, he goes to a call box and calls the NOAH weather bureau.

They tell him to get quite a lot of wood in as it could be a hard winter.

So he tells the young ones to make several piles of firewood. which they do.

Later they come to him asking if the piles are enough, so he says he will confer with the Great Spirit and of course goes to the phone and calls NOAH.

They tell him the winter looks as if it is going to be even harsher, so he tells the braves to chop even more wood.

Well every time they chop more wood the same routine happens, until they have so much wood it is starting to worry him.

So next time he goes to call NOAH he asks them how they know that the winter is going to get harsher and harsher.

They tell him they watch out for the Indians' wood piles and this year there is so much wood that the Great Spirit must be preparing them for the worst winter on record.