Joke -What's so wonderful about having CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LISALOO, Dec 2, 2005.

1. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

What's So Wonderful About ME/CFS?
    By Jo
    opyright, Jo, 2003. All Rights Reserved.

What's so wonderful about M.E./CFS??? Not much you probably think. But there's a lot of stuff going on in my life that I'd never even dreamed of BC [Before CFS].

Let me tell you about some of these dubious joys.....

Good Thing Number 1: I have saved money on books. When my
    brain is 'down' I am able to read the same book I read last week without recalling the story line or the ending.

Good Thing Number 2: I am a cheap date. I don't consume
    alcoholic beverages or eat fancy desserts [alcohol and sugar being a no-no]. Such a deal!!!

Good Thing Number 3: I have found myself to be precocious. My elderly relatives are just beginning to complain of symptoms I've had for years [in more advanced stages, no less] - shortterm memory impairment, energy depletion, and difficulty getting around, to name a few.

Good Thing Number 4: I can be sick without even looking sick. Go me!

Good Thing Number 5: When I have a relatively 'good day', it feels wonderful. 'Normal people' have to have a much better day than me in order for them to get the same amount of pleasure.

Good Thing Number 6: I've made new friends!!! I am on a first name basis with doctors, their receptionists, pharmacists and hospital staff.

Good Thing Number 7: I have something legitimate to complain about. I have a genuine problem, and even the media [and to a lesser extent the NHS], acknowledges its authenticity now.

Good Thing Number 8: I've been studying M.E/CFS in great
    depth since I got diagnosed in May 2002. Never before have I been such an expert on anything.

Good Thing Number 9: I never make my bed anymore because
    chances are I'll be back in it within half an hour of getting up.

Good Thing Number 10: I am easy to find. Although I sometimes venture as far as the local newsagents or to my doctors, I'm generally home.

Good Thing Number 11: People keep asking how I am, how I'm
    doing, they send me e-mails to make sure I'm still alive and leave me lovely messages on my web site so I know I've not been 'forgotten'.

Good Thing Number 12: I have actually heard doctors say 'I
    don't know'. This has not been known to occur among
    consultations with members of the general public.

Good Thing Number 13: Let's skip 13 - I'm not superstitious,but why take chances???

Good Thing Number 14: I have acquired a lounging/sleeping
    wardrobe, and I rarely have to make an effort with my
    appearance as nobody ever sees me.

Good Thing Number 15: No batteries, or special equipment are required. This M.E/CFS thing just runs on its own.

Good Thing Number 16: Disequilibrium saves money on amusement park admissions. The same sensations are produced free of
    charge every time I stand up or move too quickly.

Good Thing Number 17: I've lost weight without even trying.

Good Thing Number 18: I can watch repeats on TV over and over again because I don't remember the endings of the shows from the first time I watched them.

Good Thing Number 19: The DHSS are great pen pals - it takes at least 10 letters before I get anything sorted out with them.

Good Thing Number 20: I do my bit for the environment by
    saving energy and staying in bed.

Good Thing Number 21: I can feel drunk and have a hangover
    without drinking 2 bottles of wine - therefore M.E./CFS is a great money saving device.

Good Thing Number 22: Due to short-term memory impairment, I can hide my own Easter Eggs, Birthday presents and Christmas presents.

[This Message was Edited on 12/03/2005]
  2. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

thanks lisaloo.

sometimes i need a break from the constant disease analysis and supplement requests to see a silver lining.

v. nice,

GoAskAlice
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

2 funny.. and 2 true..
  4. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Thank you Very funny and so true.lol
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I'm saving this one.What a great attitude!Linda
  6. cbella

cbella New Member

I have a number 23----Open your jewelry box and think you got new jewelry and can't remember who it's from either! cb
  7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Nos. 5 and 10 were my favorites - thanks for posting!

Mary
  8. OptimusUndead

OptimusUndead Member

Hey thanks for putting a smile on my face, its always good to have a laugh about something we have to deal with anyway.

Good Thing Number 9: I never make my bed anymore because
    chances are I'll be back in it within half an hour of getting up.

this one is great.. very true..

thanks,
    chris
  9. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I can definately identify with not making my bed, having lounging clothes, I've gone from dressing good to sweats.
  10. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I can't put anything in a safe place so I will find it, then I won't find it! It is hopeless. Me and my mom in the same house is hilarious, we run around looking for things that we had in our hands 5 minutes earlier. My mom giggles, I just get irritated and mumble,,,Now I live in the US and she is in Sweden. She still calls me to ask where her glasses are- they are usually on her head. One time she pulled the glasses down to read the phone number to my house. Another time we were on the phone and she put it down to get something. Of course she couldn't find the phone, and she also forgot there is a putton to push for lost phones. I couldn't make any other calls until the line was cleared, eventually. Fibro family, for sure!
  11. PJILL

PJILL New Member

that was great, and OH SO TRUE! its amazing this disease gives everyone the same feelings. unbelieveable! at the risk of sounding insensitive, MISERY LOVES COMPANY! and i love that i am not alone~ cheers
  12. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

For others
  13. Jeanette62

Jeanette62 New Member

Thanks for looking at the brighter side of things and bringing laughter and a smile to my morning.

Jeanette
  14. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I had a such a laugh at this Lisa thanks for telling it like it is!!

Sooo true!!

Rena